TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Mar 31, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #2,101 of 3,867
I suspect Cyberthingy was talking about the Starlight all along?

Mar 31, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #2,102 of 3,867
I suspect Cyberthingy was talking about the Starlight all along?
My Bad. Yes I meant Starlight and not Starsea. I do have some Starseas ordered from Ali so hopefully they live up to expectations. They should really come up with more distinctive names so an old guy like me doesn't get them confused so easily.

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #2,103 of 3,867
Yes, they are special and I will keep giving them love. I don't have the benefit/luxury of comparing them to other more expensive IEMs but I have no doubt they do compare favorably. They are actually the most expensive set I have purchased to date. I paid 749 for the Starseas and 699 for the (open box) Nannas so they were actually quite close in price. I'm really not compelled to reach further up the ladder since I have these. I had the Clairvoyance but had to sell them off because of comfort issues. I have a few upgrade cables (gold plated, pure silver and copper/silver) coming my way that I'll test with my summit IEMs. On another note, I just got in a pair of the KBear Believe and so far I think they are pretty damn good for the price. Maybe the best single DD set in my arsenal. I like them better than the Moondrop KXXS anyway. No Treble sibilance or fatigue so far. I've heard some say they are sub bass light but I don't agree. They push low when necessary.
Your cables on order sound like the LC-RE. Unfortunately I have these on MMCX which pairs nicely with my FD5 but would have loved to have tried these with my Starlights. I get where you are coming from with how the Starlights sound with poor recordings and it can be fatiguing. I find that with my Blanche, this is exacerbated but when I pair them with the Chord, that becomes less of an issue. I think you will enjoy the Starlights with the LC-RE. Nature of the beast that is revealing IEMs!!! Like you, I will continue to give them love and are keepers for sure!!

Apr 1, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #2,104 of 3,867
My Bad. Yes I meant Starlight and not Starsea. I do have some Starseas ordered from Ali so hopefully they live up to expectations. They should really come up with more distinctive names so an old guy like me doesn't get them confused so easily.
You are never too old to enjoy your music. We are all here to have fun and we all make errors.

The Starseas are also of the bright and revealing type so I am waiting for your take on them.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #2,105 of 3,867
Your cables on order sound like the LC-RE. Unfortunately I have these on MMCX which pairs nicely with my FD5 but would have loved to have tried these with my Starlights. I get where you are coming from with how the Starlights sound with poor recordings and it can be fatiguing. I find that with my Blanche, this is exacerbated but when I pair them with the Chord, that becomes less of an issue. I think you will enjoy the Starlights with the LC-RE. Nature of the beast that is revealing IEMs!!! Like you, I will continue to give them love and are keepers for sure!!
The cables I ordered are CEMA Electro Acousti brand and ISN Audio. I'm not expecting much if any change in sound but they look nice and seem to be decent quality. I've ordered the CEMA cables before and I really like them. I use mostly 4.4mm unless the IEM is very efficient such as most Single DD types.

Apr 1, 2021 at 2:34 AM Post #2,106 of 3,867
The cables I ordered are CEMA Electro Acousti brand and ISN Audio. I'm not expecting much if any change in sound but they look nice and seem to be decent quality. I've ordered the CEMA cables before and I really like them. I use mostly 4.4mm unless the IEM is very efficient such as most Single DD types.
Nice! Love to hear your experience with your new cables vis-a-vis Starlight.

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #2,107 of 3,867
Just curious to know: are starsea more revealing than er4sr? For me, er4sr retrieves details effortlessly, is it the same for tri startsea?

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #2,108 of 3,867
Just curious to know: are starsea more revealing than er4sr? For me, er4sr retrieves details effortlessly, is it the same for tri startsea?
That would be interesting to find out, my guess is, not many have tried both the Ety ER4SR and the TRI Starseas.

I am sure I not alone in saying, I have not been brave enough to attempt the Etymotic deep insertion. I believe it was referred to as "ear rape".

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #2,109 of 3,867
That would be interesting to find out, my guess is, not many have tried both the Ety ER4SR and the TRI Starseas.

I am sure I not alone in saying, I have not been brave enough to attempt the Etymotic deep insertion. I believe it was referred to as "ear rape".

Haha I would at least use the euphemism "violator".

I tried an older etymotics model a few years back, couldn't tolerate the deep insertion. Mind you it sounded very good, but I had to return it as comfort was an issue for me. I had ear abrasions just using it for a while. But YMMV, as we all have different ear anatomies and tolerances.

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #2,110 of 3,867

Haha I would at least use the euphemism "violator".

I tried an older etymotics model a few years back, couldn't tolerate the deep insertion. Mind you it sounded very good, but I had to return it as comfort was an issue for me. I had ear abrasions just using it for a while. But YMMV, as we all have different ear anatomies and tolerances.
Lol, yeah, at first it was also uncomfortable for me! But after some days it became normal for me. The amount of details they retrieve is just amazing. Maybe I should try out the starsea along the line.

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #2,111 of 3,867
Lol, yeah, at first it was also uncomfortable for me! But after some days it became normal for me. The amount of details they retrieve is just amazing. Maybe I should try out the starsea along the line.
I enjoy the sound of my Kennerton Ikiz, double dynamic drivers, but I can only keep them in my ears for a few hours, at a time, then I need at least a week to recover from the abrasions, just a bit too deep! 😳

Apr 3, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #2,114 of 3,867
Courtesy of BGGAR.
E555CE9A-934C-47DE-B4C7-7C4B5E9B1B9A.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back