Have a nice weekend, folks :wink: :wink: :wink:

"I've got fire in my soul"
"Like glitter and gold"
Link:

Reminds me of the great poem by J.R.R. Tolkien

'All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king'.

Mar 22, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #2,074 of 3,867
Mar 24, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #2,078 of 3,867
Do the switches on the Starsea have the same issue as the Thieaudio L3 where they may protrude and scratch the inner ear?

No. The Starsea switches face posteriorly (behind) and are not angled into the inner ear. The switches are also very small and are flush with the shell actually.

Comfort wise, the Starsea is one of the better fitting sets for me (for a universal IEM). The resin shells are like semi customs and it is very comfortable, but of course YMMV as we have different ear anatomies.

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #2,079 of 3,867
Mar 24, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #2,080 of 3,867
Hawaii Bad Boy's view of the TRI Starsea:

https://twitter.com/HawaiibadboyB/status/1374192684114526209?s=20

In summary, tuning similar to U12T, yet done with fewer drivers and much better value.

Starsea better than Thieaudio L3.

Best value IEMs in 2021, so far.

That is his view and I agree!
100% agree. I'm lucky enough to have a 'good' Starsea set and it is my go to for classical music. It has a great orchestral sound-stage and, the in-house BA for the treble is excellent and notes have the correct thickness for classical instruments. For a DD and two BAs it's hard to beat. As usual TRi rise to the occasion.

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #2,081 of 3,867
100% agree. I'm lucky enough to have a 'good' Starsea set and it is my go to for classical music. It has a great orchestral sound-stage and, the in-house BA for the treble is excellent and notes have the correct thickness for classical instruments. For a DD and two BAs it's hard to beat. As usual TRi rise to the occasion.
What do you mean by "good set"? Have their been QC/variance issues? Forgive me, I'm new to thread.

Mar 24, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #2,082 of 3,867
What do you mean by "good set"? Have their been QC/variance issues? Forgive me, I'm new to thread.
I only say that because with ChiFi in general there is often unit variance. I have had it on about three sets from different manufacturers and I cannot really use them. One was a Tin T2 plus, which nearly everybody loved, but my set did not sound good at all. I think TRi are very strong in their manufacturing so you are unlikely to get a pup, but there have been some brands that have had a poor record of consistency.

Mar 26, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #2,083 of 3,867
Just received my Starlight. Just amazing!! Want to get a bit more from your Starlights? Pair them with the Blanche!! Man! Killer combination!!

Mar 26, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #2,084 of 3,867
Just received my Starlight. Just amazing!! Want to get a bit more from your Starlights? Pair them with the Blanche!! Man! Killer combination!!
Great to hear you like the Starlights. I tried the Dunu DUW02 (but I like cables for their aesthetics) and it is a good looking pairing. That is not to say cables make no sonic difference, I can only say that I do not hear the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back