TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
May 1, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #2,206 of 3,867
I saw your post on the Discovery thread, sounds interesting and at £130, not bad.
At that price they are a hidden gem. I only found them by accident! They are even better with a bit of amplification, I am using a Topping NX1a which retains the neutral tonality and raises the sound to a different level. I am not fortunate enough to be able to afford high end gear but it's hard to imagine a better sound for the money.

May 1, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #2,207 of 3,867
At that price they are a hidden gem. I only found them by accident! They are even better with a bit of amplification, I am using a Topping NX1a which retains the neutral tonality and raises the sound to a different level. I am not fortunate enough to be able to afford high end gear but it's hard to imagine a better sound for the money.
They are indeed a hidden gem. But they dont need a lot of juice since they are BA iems.

But there are a lot of other iems that do sound better. They just need to work on the bass on their next model, as the M5 still has just a typical BA bass.

May 2, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #2,208 of 3,867
After a few days of run-in on my Tri Starseas I've taken a couple hours to listen and they are impressing me. They are not as detailed as their bigger sibling Starlight (nor did I expect them to be) but the treble is well extended and the bass is pretty deep. Not Basshead levels but very satisfying.

May 3, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #2,209 of 3,867
@WendyLi
I don’t know why, but I always get shipping issues with product of KBEar. As you recommended to buy Amazon Stocks of Believe, I did. Kinboofi-Shop responded that “hello friend the item is already shipped and estimated delivery is 5/3/2021” despite on Amazon no tracking information was available, the item hasn’t even got shipped for over a week on Amazon status screen. C’mon it’s your official online store.

Then today, I asked again VERY STRANGELY, it seems the person LOST MEMORY or something, now replied
“Because the carrier is on the holiday now, and will back to work in next 4-5 days. “

C’mon it’s 2021 now. Not 2003. Why I need to exchange emails for tracking information from Amazon purchase?

Your product is good, but logistics and post-sale service is simply awful 😞

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #2,210 of 3,867
@WendyLi
I don’t know why, but I always get shipping issues with product of KBEar. As you recommended to buy Amazon Stocks of Believe, I did. Kinboofi-Shop responded that “hello friend the item is already shipped and estimated delivery is 5/3/2021” despite on Amazon no tracking information was available, the item hasn’t even got shipped for over a week on Amazon status screen. C’mon it’s your official online store.

Then today, I asked again VERY STRANGELY, it seems the person LOST MEMORY or something, now replied
“Because the carrier is on the holiday now, and will back to work in next 4-5 days. “

C’mon it’s 2021 now. Not 2003. Why I need to exchange emails for tracking information from Amazon purchase?

Your product is good, but logistics and post-sale service is simply awful 😞

I could be wrong, but I don't think Kinboofi is affiliated with KBEar. Kinboofi has their own line of earphones (which you can find on AliExpress, though oddly not on Amazon). As a seller on Amazon, Kinboofi stocks KZ, TRN, KBEar and TRI products. In the case of the KBEar Believe on Amazon, it is both sold by and ships from KinBoofi. Kinboofi is based in China, and if you click on the company on Amazon's website and get their information, they list their address:
Business Name:shenzhen yinyou technology Co.Ltd.
Business Address:
306,fengheyuan,NO.11-13,12lane
baolian,gongle,xixiang,baoan
shenzhen
guangdong
CN

Regarding the Believe on Amazon, it certainly looks like it will ship from China since it says "Usually ships within 6 to 10 days" and "FREE delivery: June 1 - 25", so I wouldn't expect the buying experience to be that different from AliExpress.

May 4, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #2,211 of 3,867
I could be wrong, but I don't think Kinboofi is affiliated with KBEar. Kinboofi has their own line of earphones (which you can find on AliExpress, though oddly not on Amazon). As a seller on Amazon, Kinboofi stocks KZ, TRN, KBEar and TRI products. In the case of the KBEar Believe on Amazon, it is both sold by and ships from KinBoofi. Kinboofi is based in China, and if you click on the company on Amazon's website and get their information, they list their address:

Regarding the Believe on Amazon, it certainly looks like it will ship from China since it says "Usually ships within 6 to 10 days" and "FREE delivery: June 1 - 25", so I wouldn't expect the buying experience to be that different from AliExpress.
They are probably dealer / R&D Site relationship. I do think they are affiliated. As many of chi-fi companies have similar semi-consolidated partnership.

Well, let’s see KBEAR’s response.
Also, I’m not only criticizing this sole experience, but as I mentioned earlier on this thread, KB EAR’s official dealer keephifi got terrible logistics as well.

I’m simply providing a feedback as a customer who actually purchased item from their service. Hoping they take post-purchase customer care more responsibly and whole-hearted.
It doesn’t hurt other customers if they actually listen to this kind of criticism seriously, everyone get benefit, No?

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #2,212 of 3,867
They are probably dealer / R&D Site relationship. I do think they are affiliated. As many of chi-fi companies have similar semi-consolidated partnership.

Well, let’s see KBEAR’s response.
Also, I’m not only criticizing this sole experience, but as I mentioned earlier on this thread, KB EAR’s official dealer keephifi got terrible logistics as well.

I’m simply providing a feedback as a customer who actually purchased item from their service. Hoping they take post-purchase customer care more responsibly and whole-hearted.
It doesn’t hurt other customers if they actually listen to this kind of criticism seriously, everyone get benefit, No?
When I ordered my Believe from Amazon (US) on March 27th the seller was HiFiHear and the item was shipped by Amazon. Amazon must have had a handful in their warehouse at the time. Now the listing shows the item as currently unavailable. It is my understanding that these IEMs are no longer produced so any stock in the wild is going to be very limited.

May 4, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #2,213 of 3,867
When I ordered my Believe from Amazon (US) on March 27th the seller was HiFiHear and the item was shipped by Amazon. Amazon must have had a handful in their warehouse at the time. Now the listing shows the item as currently unavailable. It is my understanding that these IEMs are no longer produced so any stock in the wild is going to be very limited.
@WendyLi mentioned they “discontinued Believe lineup, and aliexpress online store is out of stock, there are some stocks on their amazon store remained. Order it before it’s gone.”

You got lucky! HiFiHear is good dealer, had couple of ourchase from them and all went smooth!

I just feel luck of trusts from inconsistent responses and thus making post-purchase experience not very positive. If Tri wants to establish a real high-end, I’d recommend study how SONY treat their customers.

High-end is not only the quality of the product, but also the whole experience, from website UI/Ux, payment settlement, transparent and up to date delivery care, post-sale warranty and repairs.

May 4, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #2,214 of 3,867
Can anyone here compare the Starsea to the Tin T2+? I know they're different driver layouts and price points but I really like my T2+ and want to get a hybrid. I found the FH3 too bassy and not very clear in terms of resolution.

May 4, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #2,215 of 3,867
Can anyone here compare the Starsea to the Tin T2+? I know they're different driver layouts and price points but I really like my T2+ and want to get a hybrid. I found the FH3 too bassy and not very clear in terms of resolution.
I will try to do that for you, but it may take a while. It may be that someone can compare them sooner, otherwise I will get back to you.

May 4, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #2,216 of 3,867

They are very different kettle of fish, the usual adage that a hybrid/multi BA versus single DD at the budget segment have their different pros and cons.

Starsea has 4 tuning switches, so it can be V shaped to U shaped to neutralish. Tin T2+ is a U shaped set. So in terms of versatility the Starsea is better as such.

In terms of isolation and fit and accessories, Starsea is better. In terms of QC, Starsea is also better, there are many reports of bad MMCX in the Tin T2 + (my set included), it seems to be a Tin HIFI achilles heel for their MMCX, I'm happy to see they are shifting to 2 pin connectors in their more recent releases.

Tin T2 + I find has good tonality and timbre, but is a bit too boring and undynamic. Maybe it can suit stuff like jazz and classical. Tin T2+'s technicalities are average to below average (eg instrument separation, imaging, details). Starsea beats the Tin T2+ in technicalities (by quite a lot), but has a bit of a BA timbre in the higher frequencies for acoustic instruments. Starsea can also be a bit hot in the higher frequencies for certain tuning switches.

Starsea is a more analytical and "monitor" like IEM, great resolution and technicalities. Tin T2+ is probably better for chilling back and relaxing, not to worry about critical listening but to just listen to good tonality.

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #2,218 of 3,867
@baskingshark thank you! These are on my list for a hybrid. Now to find an all BA set that interests me (dang Lokahi out of stock).

If u can audition, do try out the Audiosense T800 (8 knowles BA set).
It's been my daily driver for 2 years now, good technicalities, mild V shaped. Superb 30 dB isolation passively. Interestingly, it has a vented subwoofer BA design, so the bass sounds like a DD bass in terms of subbass extension and movement of air. Conventional all BA sets are usually weak in subbass extension and decay and don't sound as natural for the bass.

Only thing is it is pretty source sensitive due to the lowish 9 dB impedance. So it pairs best with sources with < 1 ohm output impedance.

May 5, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #2,219 of 3,867
Starsea has 4 tuning switches, so it can be V shaped to U shaped to neutralish. Tin T2+ is a U shaped set. So in terms of versatility the Starsea is better as such.
Do you have some kind of special edition? Or did you mean 4 tuning options?
Mine only has 2 tuning switches.
1620221803265.png

May 5, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #2,220 of 3,867
Do you have some kind of special edition? Or did you mean 4 tuning options?
Mine only has 2 tuning switches.
1620221803265.png
He meant 4 tuning options using the 2 switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back