TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Dec 28, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #16 of 3,867
Mine are on the way and I'll definitely compare them to the tape, spring 1 and kbear diamond when they're here. Hopefully other people start getting theirs soon and can give some initial impressions.
Hi! Not to push, if you received your i3, would be great to hear your impressions!

Dec 28, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #17 of 3,867
Dec 31, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #19 of 3,867
i will get my tri i3 i hope in 2-4 days since its allready in germany.. i have tin p1 an tapes here.. so i hope they are an somehow upgrade to those amazing IEMs

Jan 1, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #20 of 3,867
i will get my tri i3 i hope in 2-4 days since its allready in germany.. i have tin p1 an tapes here.. so i hope they are an somehow upgrade to those amazing IEMs
Great! Awaiting your comparison then!
And Happy new Year!

Jan 1, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #21 of 3,867
Thank you! And happy new year to you too and all of you! :wink:
i hope the arrive this weeks.... i hate this status "package has landed in destination country and handed over to super stupid last mile carrier that gives a crap about it"

Jan 1, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #22 of 3,867
Got mine last week, can tell right away: separation is SUPERB, the dd gives a perfect amount of bass and the planar has that amazing perfect lush mids that are smooth and tasteful like honey still attached to a honeycomb (sorry I’m a cook) it has such an amazing detail and the perfect amount, the ba makes an outstanding work giving support to the details and the highs, I was expecting an untamed high with a bit of a peak somewhere, but actually the tunning is superb. It grabs the awesomeness of the obravo Cupid’s but increased the quality of the sound, soundstage feels like the p1’s in the matter like: it doesn’t feel MASSIVE but rather a small room, but nevertheless you can differentiate every single instrument and it becomes quite an unique experience.

this aren’t power hungry, actually used them with my iPhone X, stock cable is the same as the tinhifi p1 and the stock silicon tips are quite good, though I’ve been using mine with either final e tips, acoustune a07’s and spinfit cp100, the nozzle is quite long and I think they need a light insertion for a better experience

Jan 1, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #23 of 3,867
Indeed TRI i3 is really nicely tuned IEM. I have been listening and comparing it to the H40 last few hours and they are equally enjoyable and very similar in technicalities, but overall, I think I prefer the i3 over h40 with its more natural timbre and supremely enjoyable mid range. Also I3 has less mid bass and more emphasis on sub bass region which is my preferred bass presentation for most of the music I listen to. As well, I find zero harshness in upper mids to treble region with right amount of sparkle near the top to balance everything out. ISN H40 is definitely easier to drive with more impactful bass and sits more flushed in my ears, but damn I3’s Mids are among the best I’ve heard in any price range.. whatever its planar driver is doing in there, it sure is creating some magics. Scary how fast chi-fi is advancing.

Currently running i3 via e1da 9038s with spiral dots with foam inside.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #24 of 3,867
I’m on the verge to buy it too...but I’d like some comparison with the Tape I already have before pressing the buy button!:)

Tape’s tuning IMHO is quite flawed compared to the I3. You can somewhat fix it by EQing, but even then I3 has vastly superior Mid to High, which stomps all over the Tape. Only bass performance are close, but even then, I would argue that Tape’s bass are slightly lean and dry, whereas i3 has really well rounded and nimble. I3 wins by a big margin here.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #25 of 3,867
Indeed TRI i3 is really nicely tuned IEM. I have been listening and comparing it to the H40 last few hours and they are equally enjoyable and very similar in technicalities, but overall, I think I prefer the i3 over h40 with its more natural timbre and supremely enjoyable mid range. Also I3 has less mid bass and more emphasis on sub bass region which is my preferred bass presentation for most of the music I listen to. As well, I find zero harshness in upper mids to treble region with right amount of sparkle near the top to balance everything out. ISN H40 is definitely easier to drive with more impactful bass and sits more flushed in my ears, but damn I3’s Mids are among the best I’ve heard in any price range.. whatever its planar driver is doing in there, it sure is creating some magics. Scary how fast chi-fi is advancing.

Currently running i3 via e1da 9038s with spiral dots with foam inside.

How is the bass texture, and decay speed on i3 compared to H40, A6/mini, and Tape, are they can dig down since they are "only" 8mm compared to bigger DD of others I mentioned? your bold statement made me back to consideration of getting H40/A6 (my A6 mini is coming). are their mids more forwarded?

*edit : and yeah 1 more thing how is the soundstage and imaging vs the H40 particularly since layering and imaging is the strong point of H40

and anyone have information about their FR?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #26 of 3,867
How is the bass texture, and decay speed on i3 compared to H40, A6/mini, and Tape, are they can dig down since they are "only" 8mm compared to bigger DD of others I mentioned? your bold statement made me back to consideration of getting H40/A6 (my A6 mini is coming). are their mids more forwarded?

*edit : and yeah 1 more thing how is the soundstage and imaging vs the H40 particularly since layering and imaging is the strong point of H40

Thanks in advance

I don't have A6/ A6 mini, but I will do some comparison re soundstage & bass response against the H40 and Tape when I have more listening time.

Initially, I felt that H40 had more expansive and enveloping stage, but the I3's imaging was tad sharper and more precise. Tape has the shortest bass decay followed by I3 and H40.

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #28 of 3,867
Thank you! And happy new year to you too and all of you! :wink:
i hope the arrive this weeks.... i hate this status "package has landed in destination country and handed over to super stupid last mile carrier that gives a crap about it"
Mine reached the last mile carrier on 30th Dec, sadly there is no definite consistent timeline for when it clears customs. My Tapes took 2 months to get cleared :frowning2:, hope these don't take that long.

Jan 5, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #29 of 3,867
CooL! My Tri is in my country and with hermes last mile. and i guess will arrive monday-tuesday.

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #30 of 3,867

Thanks in advance

The manufacturer-published frequency response graph can of course be found at Aliexpress. My decision to order I3 was based mostly on that aided by the fact that they had also published the graph for their previous model, the I4, and that graph was quite close to what was measured in reviews by audioreviews.org and primeaudio.org .

The I3 graph in itself is fairly unique. In @crinacle 's database I can see only the Hidition Viento graph with bass and mids boost on resembling it. The Viento costs $1200 though, is all BA and can be difficult to find outside Korea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back