Tri-brid IEMs and non-BA/non-DD technology
Aug 9, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #46 of 78
Who said anything about "premium" brands? If anything, I long ago departed from the so-called summit-fi hamster wheel; I am strictly so-called mid-fi, and have been for some time. I'm cool with being a second class citizen in this hobby where snobbery abounds. I'm taking about brand trust; quality build doesn't have to only be at the "high-end", and we've all seen shoddy design/build at all levels of pricing.
Me as well. Unfortunately the “mid-fi” segment seems all but abandoned. Or has been pushed up due to $4-6k ‘TOTAL’ IEMs.

Given the closing sentence, not sure why ‘Chi-Fi’ is called out.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #47 of 78
Who said anything about "premium" brands? If anything, I long ago departed from the so-called summit-fi hamster wheel; I am strictly so-called mid-fi, and have been for some time. I'm cool with being a second class citizen in this hobby where snobbery abounds. I'm taking about brand trust; quality build doesn't have to only be at the "high-end", and we've all seen shoddy design/build at all levels of pricing.

You can get the same sound styles in mid fi, Or in way to anger summit fi fans. Just get a W30 v2 or ER2SE use EQ on them instead.

Aug 22, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #48 of 78
So, LZ A6 or KBEAR TRI i3?

Aug 22, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #49 of 78
Aug 22, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #50 of 78
Has anyone listened to the Tri Starlight yet?

I got them delivered 3 days ago, and to my ears they are just right, nothing overdone.

Very very sparkly treble but inoffensive. Mids are restrained, so that voices and instruments sound natural and the bass is not boosted, just right, there when required.

I tried to boost the bass only slightly on EQ today and on some tracks it was excessive. All I did was increase 31hz by 2.9 db, 62hz by 2.2 db and 125hz by 1.0 db but that translated as heavy bass on some tracks.

All very subtle and requires a lot of power. Amp it and it sounds like a very good quality speaker.

Aug 22, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #51 of 78
I got them delivered 3 days ago, and to my ears they are just right, nothing overdone.

Very very sparkly treble but inoffensive. Mids are restrained, so that voices and instruments sound natural and the bass is not boosted, just right, there when required.

I tried to boost the bass only slightly on EQ today and on some tracks it was excessive. All I did was increase 31hz by 2.9 db, 62hz by 2.2 db and 125hz by 1.0 db but that translated as heavy bass on some tracks.

All very subtle and requires a lot of power. Amp it and it sounds like a very good quality speaker.
IMO, it looks by far the best compared to the EJ07 and ST7. Glad you like them!

Nov 14, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #52 of 78
I’m sooooo very much wanting a head-to-head comparison between the Shuoer EJ07, the ST7, the Tri Starlight, and the Penon Volt. Knowing the differences between these 4 IEMs, with the same driver complement, would be immensely helpful. Of course, why would anyone purchase 2 of those 4, let alone more. If 4 people, each with one of them, formed a review tour so that each of the 4 could hear all 4, that would be awesome. Of course, each would, to varying degrees, have a natural bias towards the one they own.

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #53 of 78
I’m sooooo very much wanting a head-to-head comparison between the Shuoer EJ07, the ST7, the Tri Starlight, and the Penon Volt. Knowing the differences between these 4 IEMs, with the same driver complement, would be immensely helpful. Of course, why would anyone purchase 2 of those 4, let alone more. If 4 people, each with one of them, formed a review tour so that each of the 4 could hear all 4, that would be awesome. Of course, each would, to varying degrees, have a natural bias towards the one they own.
Actually, I’d be thrilled with Crinacle measurements of all 4 of them, to at least provide a tuning/FR comparison. The Starlight for a little over $500 during this 11/11 sale was an incredible deal.

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #54 of 78
Actually, I’d be thrilled with Crinacle measurements of all 4 of them, to at least provide a tuning/FR comparison. The Starlight for a little over $500 during this 11/11 sale was an incredible deal.
The ST7 was around 550 as well.

Nov 15, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #56 of 78
I was like 2mm away from pressing a buy button for the starlight. Luckily or maybe unfortunately, they got sold out and disappeared from my cart.

Haha that's only delaying the inevitable. Black Friday is just a week and a half away! THERE'S NO ESCAPING THIS BLACKHOLE RABBITHOLE!

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #57 of 78
Haha that's only delaying the inevitable. Black Friday is just a week and a half away! THERE'S NO ESCAPING THIS BLACKHOLE RABBITHOLE!
Does Ali Express do a lot of sales for Black Friday? I didn’t know it was such an international thing.

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #58 of 78
Does Ali Express do a lot of sales for Black Friday? I didn’t know it was such an international thing.

According to their blog forecasted sale dates, there is one planned for BF/cyber monday: https://promossale.com/aliexpress-sale-dates-2020/

Capture1.PNG

I remember the past few years they did have a BF sale, but the sale prices and coupons generally weren't as great as 11/11. They should have one more around the Christmas period too.

Capture2.PNG

Feb 28, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #59 of 78
Has anyone discovered or found any new tribrids in the last couple months? I've been hoping to find something under $200. So far I have my eye on the Tri i3 and BYEQZ Spring 2 (cant find the LZ A6 mini instock anywhere).

Feb 28, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #60 of 78
Has anyone discovered or found any new tribrids in the last couple months? I've been hoping to find something under $200. So far I have my eye on the Tri i3 and BYEQZ Spring 2 (cant find the LZ A6 mini instock anywhere).

There's the MT300 which has good reviews from the folks on the discovery thread. Supposedly some have bought it at $70ish during sales. I've not tried it but u can perhaps ask the rest there about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back