Trekstor Vibez or Sony NW-A808
Jun 1, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #76 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and I'm connecting in MTP mode apparently.

How to force the Vibez to connect to WinXP in MSC mode instead of MTP:

1. Open Windows' Device Manager

2. Find the vibez in the list of devices

3. Right-click and select "Update Driver..."

4. Choose "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)", then click Next

5. Choose "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.", then click Next

6. Make sure that "Show compatible hardware" is checked

7. There should be two "Models" available, "MTP Device" and "USB Mass Storage Device", choose whichever one you want to switch to, then click Next

8. Wait for Windows to do it's thing then click Finish

Jul 26, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #77 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemsic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know it's popular to hate on SonicStage, but I've never had any problems with it.

x2. SonicStage isn't bad at all from my experience. As usuable as Iriver's Music Manager. Not perfect but not headache inducing as many people seem to suggest.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #78 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicdiddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I first tried the Vibez with the Tomahawk I was unimpressed and preferred the SQ unamped, although I did think the sound was on a par with my 4g imod iPod. However last night I tried yanking the volume up on the Vibez to the max & plugged the Tomahawk in and it now brings the SQ up to a different level.
I have ordered the new 5/5.5g imod but am now trying to decide as to whether I should cancel it!

It's official. Vibez rocks hard.
k1000smile.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #79 of 81
I have at the moment a few players , sony a806 , hd1 and RH1, A D2 i won in cowon movie comp and an old karma (flakey roller but still plays).
The D2 is a good sounding player but not in the same league as the X5 ,i find it a little sterile and fragile sounding but i like solid bass, i guess thats why i like Sonys.
The A8** series really is a well designed dap, the controls make sense and the screen is realy nice , i dont think anyone would be unhappy with the SQ.
Sonicstage isnt that bad, i admit it takes longer to import tracks the itunes but if you just need a piece of software to transfer music then it does the job well.
I have always hated itunes, i dont like the graphics and i dont like how it hijacks my pc.
I also must also be the only itunes user who has had multiple crashes and freezes from it as everyone else seems to never have an issue?
One thing i hated about itunes was you couldnt have a library column that showed the file path so you couldnt sort the album track order by the numbers at the beginning of the names i.e 01 - the smiths.
Sonicstage allows this.
The difference in SQ is getting smaller at the top end, Sony, Apple, Creative, iriver etc all offer players that sound great.

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #80 of 81
I'm also in the search for a new DAP, and I've been looking mainly at the Cowon players. I found the "Vibes" recently and I really like what I'm seeing so far. The 15gb version will definitely hold enough music and "audio recording in wav” is a huge plus.

Does anybody know how the "Vibes" compares to the "Iaudio 7"?

Aug 4, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #81 of 81
If SQ matters the most, Meizu M6 or iRiver clix2 instead of D2 and especially Vibez will be better, however I agree that D2 sounds superior to Vibez. The only good side of Trekstor's sound is the soundstage. Midrange is gray and choked which IMHO steals the most of listening pleasure and makes this player unlistenable for prolonged periods. I haven't listened to the Sony but best sounding players for me are Rio Karma, iRiver clix2, iPod Shuffle 1st gen, iRiver ifp-799/899 and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back