Travel Cases...please post pics and suggestions
Jan 16, 2009 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

paulybatz

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, I am tired of using the ultrasone box for my 2500s and think their PRO case is a rip off for $40. Before I make something myself, I wanted to see what you other head-fiers do when you travel. I would like to regularly bring my phones and D3 to work and want a nice low-profile and light portable solution to carry the phones, amp and cables.
Thanks in advance as always Pauly

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 32
Jaben Network sells nice cases, but they're more than $40...If you're looking for just a bag, and don't need protection, maybe a ziplock bag tucked in a pocket of your briefcase or backpack?

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 32
wow! they have the most useless photo's ever
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 32
C'mon dude...I appreciate the link but suggesting a ziplock bag...LOL!
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif
:confused_face (1):

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're looking for just a bag, and don't need protection, maybe a ziplock bag tucked in a pocket of your briefcase or backpack?

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 32
A ziplock bag would protect your phones from scratches or rubbing lettering off and a lot of other things that having nothing on your phones would expose them to. Plus it is cheap.

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 32
The ziplock in a briefcase or backpack is a serious suggestion. If you're not wanting a high end padded case (which will set you back more than you want apparently), the ziplock is actually less likely to scratch your expensive headphones than a lot of other bags.

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #7 of 32
I always keep my headphones on my head when travelling...
best option if $40 is too much.

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #10 of 32
u might be able to pick up a cheap hard plastic case at a diy store if you can find one deep enough and just put your own foam in,

or even a biscuit/sweet tin if you dont mind looks

Jan 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the HeadRoom bag.

And this one too.

I've been looking for a case as well. Something to protect my phones when they get put in my backpack (in, out, in, out, all day long) The $89 bag at Headroom is more than I need, you just have made them a sale on the $39 bag. There's no picture of the inside of it though. Does anyone here have it and know if it's padded like the ohterone appears to be?

Karl

Jan 16, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by memphiskat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been looking for a case as well. Something to protect my phones when they get put in my backpack (in, out, in, out, all day long) The $89 bag at Headroom is more than I need, you just have made them a sale on the $39 bag. There's no picture of the inside of it though. Does anyone here have it and know if it's padded like the ohterone appears to be?

Karl

Sorry, should have read the discription.....from the product discription..."An ergonomic headphone-minded design lovingly accomodates your headphones, while the internal padding provides plenty of cushion..... The HeadCase is made of our uber-tough canvas with internal foam padding....."

DuH! Guess Hoggers can't read either
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back