Transportable Rig: Magni2U/Modi2U Vs. iFi iDSD BL
Jul 3, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 7
20170621_130353.jpg

Jul 4, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #4 of 7
I don't really see the modi2 magni 2 as transportable as the big power brick and extra cables. I guess its possible, but a pain in the arse.

Jul 4, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #5 of 7
I don't really see the modi2 magni 2 as transportable as the big power brick and extra cables. I guess its possible, but a pain in the arse.

I've been using the MM2U around the house, but I have a sealed iDSD BL that I'm considering selling or opening. I'd rather sell the iDSD BL if its not going to be a significant upgrade.

Jul 4, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #6 of 7
The best transportable would probably be the chord Hugo 2 LOL but thats neither one of these. The modi/magni have better sound, but again are really not transportable. They are designed to be small desktop amp/dac combo.

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #7 of 7
IMG_0096hf.jpg
I have the iDSD Black Label with iPurifier2 and iGalvanic3 makes a pretty darned incredible listen. Used, you have $400 + $75 + $250 = $725 total. The nice thing about the iFi MICRO and NANO lines is that you can start small and build. So many people are simply selling their Micro Black Label rather than using it as a base for a system they can grow with over time in small increments. For instance I've got ordered an iDefender + iPower (5V) coming and I expect even more resolution, refinement, analog like sound. It's all transportable and I'd challenge anyone to compare my system with a Hugo. And it's all transportable for a less than half the money. iFi makes some damn good equipment when you build like legos an amazing system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back