Transformers (the movie) question
Feb 3, 2007 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Ampersand

100+ Head-Fier
When i unexpectedly saw the movie trailer to Transformers i was thrilled to death. I grew up a Transformer child - i shunned GI JOE. I played with optimus prime and the gang for hours on end. I had the bed sheets, sleeping bag, posters, you name it. Transformers was the only show i would run home from school to watch.

That said, i recently heard that Optimus Prime has been casted as a Fire Engine and worse yet, Bumblebee as a Camaro!! What? Did Chevy offer more money than Volkswagon for advertisement? I know Optimus Prime being a Fire Engine isn't that much of a stretch, but why do it? I think a nice shiny Mack truck with lots of chrome is just as intimidating, plus it would be more accurate and true to the story line.

Anyone else a little perturbed by this?

p.s. i also heard no voices had been chosen yet, any chance they have enough audio bytes of casey kasem to put together convincingly?

Feb 3, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 30
Prime is a truck, though a long cab Peterbilt instead of a flat cab Mack. Supposedly they wanted to do away with the pocket dimension stuff, so they picked the Peterbilt due to it's size.

As for Bumblebee, VW supposedly wouldn't license the bug for a movie where robots run around and blow each other up with guns. So, no bug transformation.

The bigger problem seems to be that the plot is one of Bay's dime a dozen disaster stories.

Feb 3, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 30
As long as Megatron kick's Prime's rusty butt as he always did in the original series
evil_smiley.gif
, I'll be a happy camper (no matter how absurd Bay's direction and LeBoeuf's acting may get).

Feb 3, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bigger problem seems to be that the plot is one of Bay's dime a dozen disaster stories.

heh, he could really screw it up couldn't he?

I offer this - giant transforming robots. I have yet to like a Bay movie. The Island was the closest, but giant transforming robots...

megatronmovie.jpg

Feb 3, 2007 at 8:01 AM Post #7 of 30
Then again, The Island did have Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson. Transformers has... Tyrese.
frown.gif

Least Megatron and Prime will have the right voices. (Cullen and Welker)

Feb 3, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #8 of 30
Sounds like another Independence Day movie to me. I think it is coming out on July 4th? Right!

May 24, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #10 of 30
Check out this site.

Sector Seven

Password = CODEBLACK

Videos are in the red folder on the left side, but check out the entire site. It's pretty cool.

May 24, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #13 of 30
That is a nice site laxx. Thanks for the link. My schlock alarm is becoming louder the more footage I view of this film. It appears the blockbuster script machine didn't break a sweat with this one.

I'm hoping that the overwhelming nostalgia factor can carry me through for I will be attending the first day, dismal verdicts or not.

Four weeks and counting...

May 25, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then again, The Island did have Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson. Transformers has... Tyrese.
frown.gif

Least Megatron and Prime will have the right voices. (Cullen and Welker)

Hugo Weaving is voiceing Megatron...

May 25, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #15 of 30
I think I read somewhere the original Megatron voice is only in the video game. Weird that they couldn't sign him for both I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back