Transformers (the movie) question
May 25, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #16 of 30
HaHa! Now you old time Transformers fans will feel that pain that we Dungeons & Dragons players felt when our beloved franchise was ruined!

To be honest: Transformers already had a decent movie and D&D2 was so much better than part 1.

May 25, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HaHa! Now you old time Transformers fans will feel that pain that we Dungeons & Dragons players felt when our beloved franchise was ruined!

To be honest: Transformers already had a decent movie and D&D2 was so much better than part 1.

The difference is that Transformers was cool to begin with.

evil_smiley.gif

May 25, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #18 of 30
Been keeping close track of this movie as it gets closer to the release date.

This movie is going to suck, HARD core. Guaranteed.

A few warning signs:

Bernie Mack is in it.

This line of dialogue is in the film: "Bring It!".

I don't need much more proof than that to know that this movie is going to suck, and that all of my wonderful childhood memories of the Transformers are going to be completely and utterly destroyed by this trash.

Mark my words.

I hope I end up being wrong, but I seriously doubt I will be. I have the uncanny ability of spotting a stinker of a movie from a mile away, and this one is really starting to reek.

It probably won't be a complete waste though, there will most likely be a total of about 25 minutes worth of wonderful special effects and eye candy to behold, but that's about all this movie will have to offer.

Once again, I hope I am wrong. Time will tell...

May 25, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #19 of 30
Wasnt there a trailer a few months ago where a parked semi transformed into Optimus PRime? What the hell happened?

May 25, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #20 of 30
Anyone actually taken a nice, long look at Michael Bay's filmography? How sad, another great kids' icon bites the dust.

For my money, I'm looking forward to Knocked Up. And if I have to see a blockbuster, it'd be Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Two reasons: Keith Richards, and that I wanna see the ends of the 3,000 plotlines that confused me to hell the last time around.

May 25, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been keeping close track of this movie as it gets closer to the release date.

This movie is going to suck, HARD core. Guaranteed.

A few warning signs:

Bernie Mack is in it.

This line of dialogue is in the film: "Bring It!".

I don't need much more proof than that to know that this movie is going to suck, and that all of my wonderful childhood memories of the Transformers are going to be completely and utterly destroyed by this trash.

Mark my words.

I hope I end up being wrong, but I seriously doubt I will be. I have the uncanny ability of spotting a stinker of a movie from a mile away, and this one is really starting to reek.

I think you're right. I just watched the whole HD trailer, and it makes me NOT want to see the movie. Another tall tail sign that it's a stinker is that even the opening scene of the trailer is bad...if they can't show a good scene right off the bat, it's gotta be really bad. The father taking his son to buy his first car is so badly acted and written!!!!! The only reason to see it might be the few minutes of special effects. Plot, acting, dialog, and even overall likability of characters seem absent: even in the ad!!! Optimus Prime and Megatron both look absurd in this movie. I'll probably see it eventually.....but not when it's in the movie theater. I think even the special effects are something that won't demand a huge screen
redface.gif
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewgriff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone actually taken a nice, long look at Michael Bay's filmography? How sad, another great kids' icon bites the dust.

You're right....another sign this is going to be B A D!!! Though "The Rock" wasn't that bad actually....all his other movies, though
redface.gif
redface.gif

May 25, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #22 of 30
Yeh, this movie has suckage written all over it. Will probably get 10% on rotten tomatoes at best me thinks. Well, at least the trailer was watchable. I just wish they'd save the awesome special effects for a movie actually worthwhile

May 25, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you're right. Another tall tail sign that it's a stinker is that even the opening scene of the trailer is bad...if they can't show a good scene right off the bat, it's gotta be really bad. The father taking his son to buy his first car is so badly acted and written!!!!! I just watched the whole HD trailer, and it makes me NOT want to see the movie. The only reason to see it might be the few minutes of special effects. Plot, acting, dialog, and even overall likability of characters seem absent: even in the ad!!! Optimus Prime and Megatron both look absurd in this movie. I'll probably see it eventually.....but not when it's in the movie theater. I think even the special effects are something that won't demand a huge screen
redface.gif
redface.gif

You're right....another sign this is going to be B A D!!! Though "The Rock" wasn't that bad actually....all his other movies, though
redface.gif
redface.gif

And you know what bumms me out the most? I originally had such high hopes for this movie. I have been marking the calendar ever since it was announced that this movie was becoming a reality. But as the days wore on, and I saw more and more of the trailers, I can tell that they have already failed - at least from an 'oldschool Transformer' fan's point of view...

I am pretty confident that the mindless masses of the 'Joe Sixpack' public will probably eat up it though.

I am sorry to be such a wet blanket guys, but I have a really bad feeling about this movie.

May 25, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out this site.

Sector Seven

Password = CODEBLACK

Videos are in the red folder on the left side, but check out the entire site. It's pretty cool.

dude i seen grimlock!!!!

if they put Grimlock in this movie with his orignal voice..then well...

I am going to cry tears of pure Dinobot but kickin Joy..i am tearing up now man..its to much

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ykNWAAYyPU0story of the dino's 1
story 2

i dont even care if he is in the first movie cause you know GRIMLOCK is comng in atleast on the second!!!!!

ME GRIMLOCK< ME POST HEADFI...

May 25, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont even care if he is in the first movie cause you know GRIMLOCK is comng in atleast on the second!!!!!

ME GRIMLOCK< ME POST HEADFI...

U need to change ur nickname to Grimlock... and have his pic for an avatar.
evil_smiley.gif

May 25, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #26 of 30
The Rock was the light that shined on the dogass that is Bay's film career. The effects look awesome, the movie is probably going to suck overall though. The only hope is that Spielberg had enough input to keep Bay from screwing it up.

May 25, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #27 of 30
i had the same reaction to the trailer; it made me not want to see the movie. it's looks pretty bad, but i'll probably see it anyway. how's that for logic. or put another way, i've wasted $10 before.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And you know what bumms me out the most? I originally had such high hopes for this movie. I have been marking the calendar ever since it was announced that this movie was becoming a reality. But as the days wore on, and I saw more and more of the trailers, I can tell that they have already failed - at least from an 'oldschool Transformer' fan's point of view...

I am pretty confident that the mindless masses of the 'Joe Sixpack' public will probably eat up it though.

I am sorry to be such a wet blanket guys, but I have a really bad feeling about this movie.

Dude, I totally agree. I'm a die hard Transformers fan and when I heard about the movie back around 2005? Possibly 2004 on the usual sites TFArchive, Seibertron, etc., I was ecstatic to say the least. After seeing the first leaked pictures, I just wanted to cry. I'm 99% sure the movies going to suck BADDDDDDDD, but I'll still support the movie. Hell, I'll even go a few times if it's doing that bad.
blink.gif

What I was really hoping for was just the original Transformers movie made in live action. That would be pretty cool to see them battle Unicron. That and I can along in the theater to every song. =] (
evil_smiley.gif
I <3 the soundtrack)

May 25, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #29 of 30
I'm excited about it-- the story, acting, plot, etc is going to be horrendous I'm sure, but honestly I'd like to see some huge robots beating the crap out of each other with modern special effects. Sure, this is a "wasted opportunity" to produce a great live action version of Transformers, but I don't plan on having my brain on when I'm watching it.

I can definitely see why some are so disappointed-- especially the true fans of the series. Personally though, I just can't wait to see the action scenes. The rest of the movie will be a good humor fill-in
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back