Transfer on USB 1.1
Aug 26, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #16 of 36
but my problem is that i dont want to use usb. lol so that wouldnt solve my problem. I think it shoudl be compatible as long as the side that connects to the iriver is compatible. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Aug 26, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #17 of 36
I don't think so because the iriver would not recognize the firewire.

Aug 26, 2004 at 12:46 AM Post #18 of 36
sorry, didn't realize the iriver isn't firewire compatible.

usb and firewire have 2 different protocols implemented, so it's not just a matter of getting a plug adapter with usb on one side and firewire on the other. To my knowledge there is no such thing as a usb-firewire converter or vice versa availible on the market. (although it can be done - if you have programmed it correctly)

it looks like going to usb2 is the way for you to go. you can get a card to install into a desktop for like 20 bucks if you find good rebate deals in the paper, and a notebook pcmcia version for under 40. might be able to find some deals online too. if time is an issue,they usually have good generic ones at compusa for relatively cheap.

if you can find a usb-firewire converter, lemme know, I'd be very interesed in checking it out.

Aug 26, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #19 of 36
I still don't think it would be possible, the iriver firmware would have to be updated along with the firewire info basically it's not gonna work

Aug 26, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morphling
I still don't think it would be possible, the iriver firmware would have to be updated along with the firewire info basically it's not gonna work

if this post was directed to me, I was agreeing with you;i was just providing the reason why it would not work.

Aug 26, 2004 at 12:56 AM Post #21 of 36
ah thought you were saying it might be possible

Aug 26, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh
mmh
smily_headphones1.gif
do you use windows 95? :p afaik every computer with windows 98 or higher and an usb 2.0 card (cost 20$) should support usb 2.0

Would that be usb 2.0 full speed or high speed?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #24 of 36
how about get a legal version of windows

Aug 26, 2004 at 1:58 AM Post #26 of 36
I'm a high school student. Its not my fault. My dad lost the case for the cd and we lost the cd key.

Aug 26, 2004 at 6:35 AM Post #30 of 36
usb 2.0 should work fine in windows xp without any service pack installed...

so you got usb 2.0 ports, windows xp and you still get an usb 1.1 connection? have you tried different usb ports? or did you check the bios settings? all drivers installed correctly? ...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back