Trance/EDM lovers: advice needed!
Jun 6, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #31 of 34
MBD, did you try to recable your D2000 or Markl Mod?

For the one who thinks the D5000 is better, the only difference is the wood cups which he could get later and better, and the cable which is easy enough to swap.

I like having the cool black plastic cup, and a nice LA wood cup, if I get a pair.

Yet for some reason the D7000 is so hard to not get and mod it later. Because of that "10%" stuff, how much is this 10 percent really, Im thinking it is more than most believe!

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well my vote goes for getting D2000 and adding the lawnton wood cups and getting a recable (doesnt have to be a jena cable, but just get rid of the pretty crappy D2000 cable. this results in a far superior headphone to D5000 IMO. second I would recommend sony SA5000 with a copper recable to add a little more bass and warmth. both these are excellent performers with electronic music. I listen to Justice, Daft Punk, Richie Hawton, Hybrid, Trentmoller, Goldfrappe, the Crystal Method, Digitalism, Royksopp, Massive Attack....
you get the idea, I do listen to some more trancey stuff too, but i've kinda moved on from the likes of infected mushroom, Hallucinogen, Juno Reactor etc. as I found it to have becoe a little stagnent and seemed to be sounding the same year after year with not much in the way of inovation going on IMO. the Denons are great performers and I love them a LOT!!, but the SA5000 provide just a touch more speed, not as good in the bass (thus the copper cable to try and help a little) but for strictly trance I think I would recommend the sonys first. but only with a recable as they can be just a touch light on bass quantity stock.

Sounds like you will have a lot of fun with the Ultrasones.
icon10.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #33 of 34
i have the 650's rocking out some armin right now... they sound great but i am just wondering if there is anything better for tracne.... i love the senn 650's for most music and i wont be getting rid of them anytime soon, but i am searching for a headphone thats the best for trance... i love the mids / uppers of the akg 702 but i need mroe base than that... i would love to find a headphone that has the clarity of the 702 but actually also deliver lows that are needed for trance... i am not a basehead per se, but i like to listen to trance w/ a lot of base... what can i say, its sounds so great
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony MDR-XB700.
That is all.

I have to agree with this. I listen to plenty of EDM including Tiesto, PvD, etc. in the Trance area and Pryda, Funkagenda, Steve Angello, and plenty others for House and these cans are pretty awesome. It also helps if your music collection is at least 320 too (anything less and it actually sounded horrible).

You can always try out these cans at a local Sony Store to see if you like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back