Trance and electronica IEM's
Apr 25, 2010 at 9:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TranceDude

Head-Fier
Hello everybody,

I am looking for some great headphones for trance music. For those of you that don't know what I am talking about here is a little sample
Solar Stone- Seven cities (AvB remix)
(please don't bitch about the quality, it's just a sample)

What I am looking for in headphones is:
heavy bass,
good highs,
I want that sound at 0:49 0:55 0:59... to really be set a part, like it's coming from somewhere else (you call that sound stage?)
and I would like them to be powerful so I can occasionally listen to them loud without any distortion at all.

They will be used with S:flo2 media player and since line out on it is so much better I would like an amp to go with the setup.

Please keep the price tag for headphones under 500$

Thank you guys!

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 5
You might want to have a look at the best IEMs for trance thread as a starting point (since it attempts to answer the exact question you asked), then read reviews, comparisons and impressions threads to narrow down your choice. Good luck!

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 5
^ The Nuforce Icon Mobile is a good pairing because it makes the bass response of the IE8 a bit flatter (the IE8 have emphasis on upper bass).
BTW, since you're looking for heavy bass and good highs, the FX700 would also be worth considering.

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #5 of 5
It might be just me but I find the UE Triple.Fi's very good for Trance, Most of my music library consists of trance and Psy-Trance and the Triple.Fi's give me the best sound out of the box that I've herd in a long time. I used to find myself listening to more new age/classical(Mike Oldfield, Vangelis, Jean-Michel Jarre...) with my other IEMs as it was more rewarding but now I'm finding I'm listening to more of the trance music. For me when it comes to Trance music I find separation and clarity of sounds to be most important,I find soundstage takes a backseat in trance as most artist will not try to place certain sounds in specific areas, as most use minimal "live" instruments. The triple.fi's do a great job with the highs and have a nice punch in the bottom end there is a slight loss in the mids but it's the high's and bass that will suck you in with trance.

I have no problem inserting my Triple.Fi's loading up a Ferry Corsten mix and getting right into the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back