Tralucent DacAmp One - Introduction - Impressions Thread.
Dec 11, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #65 of 73
These can be purchased new for $199 now (must be selling through old stock) I'm wondering if this would be a good purchase at that price point... 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #66 of 73
  These can be purchased new for $199 now (must be selling through old stock) I'm wondering if this would be a good purchase at that price point... 
rolleyes.gif

Honestly, I have no idea why Tralucent DacAmp One never took off like the earlier Tralucent T1 amp. It remains one of the best Dac/Amps I have heard in DAC mode and performs great as a portable amp providing the signal is good, just as you would expect from Tralucent.  Since playing with mine I've been able to connect it to Android devices like my Galaxy S4 and turn it into a complete rig (or with my PC), its a great piece of kit.

Its just one of those products which slipped through the Head-fi radar despite its excellent performance. I think at first the price was quite high and a premium as we find in Tralucent product which didn't help the launch but really its an excellent device. 

I say for $200 go for it, especially if you're wanting to take advantage of its DAC section.

Where did you see them for $199 btw?

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #67 of 73
They are being sold out of Hong Kong on eBay with minimal shipping charges to the USA - They also have the T1 amplifier only for $158.00

I have to think the DacAmpOne is a screaming deal for only $199 
tongue.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tralucent-Audio-DacAmp-One-Portable-Amplifier-/221942631438?hash=item33accfcc0e:g:h~oAAOSw-W5UtjMm

Perhaps a nice way for someone to enter into a cleaner, more powerful portable system on the cheap.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #68 of 73
  They are being sold out of Hong Kong on eBay with minimal shipping charges to the USA - They also have the T1 amplifier only for $158.00

I have to think the DacAmpOne is a screaming deal for only $199 
tongue.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tralucent-Audio-DacAmp-One-Portable-Amplifier-/221942631438?hash=item33accfcc0e:g:h~oAAOSw-W5UtjMm

Perhaps a nice way for someone to enter into a cleaner, more powerful portable system on the cheap.

I ended up finding them last night after searching as I knew the T1 was being sold by the same seller. I also use and recommend their cables with great sucess.

I don't know the full story, there's obviously some kind connection between this seller and Tralucent; aka Gavin.

Anyway, if you go ahead, if your gut tells you too, please pop in one day to the DacAmp One haven with some thoughts! 

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #69 of 73
Hi, i want to ask.
when you buy this DAC, does it come with the battery?

because for sure mine doesn't come with a battery.

anyone knows where i can find a compatible replacement battery?

i'll just buy a battery ~

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #70 of 73
Hi, i want to ask.
when you buy this DAC, does it come with the battery?

because for sure mine doesn't come with a battery.

anyone knows where i can find a compatible replacement battery?

i'll just buy a battery ~
]

Yes, mine came with a battery.

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #72 of 73
well mine didn't 

i bought it from the ebay link above.

the guy said for safety reason Li-ion battery can't be shipped

but i think it is to cut some cost

Due to many postal regulations lithium batteries are now banned or prohibited from shipping by air. To my understanding a few years ago there was a plane carrying several lithium battery which blew up mid air. Since then the laws have been changed. In Australia our postal system is the same, also I've heard about new scanners introduced in Indonesia which now scan for lithium batteries inside parcels.

The reason companies like iBasso get DX80 units over for example because they use carriers like DHL who still carry "dangerous goods"

I think Singapore Airlines also will handle them. (not 100% sure)

So the seller was just following the law. If you need a new rechargeable lithium battery for your Tralucent DacAmp, I can give you a link where to order one. Just send me a PM.

Jun 12, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #73 of 73
How do you test this in DAC-only mode? Doesn't everything have to come out of the output (which uses the internal amp)?

I don't think the DacAmp One supports Line Out.

Edit: It's the optical in the back that does it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back