trading/buying/selling ettiqutte
Jul 14, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #16 of 20
I try to answer each message in a timely manner. If the item is already sold or pending sale I inform the person and thank them for their interest. Likewise, if I'm contacting a seller I like to get right down to business after my initial few plodding questions are answered to my satisfaction. It's just the right thing to do.

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:38 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dweebgal
even a reply to say "no thanks" would be sufficient.

shouldn't there be some sort of unwritten rule that pms/emails should be responded to, just out of common courtesy, or am i totally out of line here?

I agree with you 100%.

Although I may unknowingly also be doing this. ;p There are times when I read PM's and put off replying to them for the next day and in he process forget to reply back on some people. But I make it a point to respond to all PMs as soon as possible.

Jul 14, 2004 at 7:55 AM Post #18 of 20
I generally try to respond to all PMs and emails, but I have been guilty of not replying. Usually it is simply because I happen to read the PM when I am busy and since I don't check my PM box until I get an email notification most of the time, I simply forget about it.

I think Head-Fi'ers are generally good about dealing with buying/selling transactions. My transactions with Head-Fi'ers have all been quite smooth and I enjoy selling to or buying from the members here.

Jul 14, 2004 at 9:01 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy
Yep, Dweebgal - the rule is unwritten, and many haven't read it!

Yes it is rude - you live in one of the last countries where courtly manners are still cultivated/appreciated by the majority - enjoy it while it lasts.

Enjoyed my visit there a couple years ago - plan to go back soon.

A Special Thanks to Lady Thatcher, for her astounding (Classy, Heartfelt, Incredibly Moving) honoring of Ronald Reagan on the occasion of his funeral, and to all you Brits for the support you gave/give to us here in the U.S. We Will Never Forget, So Long As We Live.

It's not as pleasant as you'd think over here. There seems to be this really unpleasant culture of rudeness creeping in with younger kids these days.

I guess I was just raised a certian way, I hold the door open for people, and give up my seat on the bus for old people/people with small kids

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #20 of 20
Slightly off topic, but I have a question about trading:
There might be a slight chance that I trade some headphones with another member. Neither one of us have any feedback.
How could we protect ourselves without implying that it's hard to trust a complete stranger?
I suggested sending both pairs to a moderator's address, but I don't know if anyone would be willing to do this.
I see myself trying more headphones and I would like to build my feedback. We all start somewhere, right?
Should I just close my eyes and hope for the best?
*This is a hypothetical question, as final decisions about this trade have not been made.

Dweebgal, I agree with you. A simple "no thanks" reply doesn't take more than a few seconds. If people don't have the simple courtesy to do this, you're probably better off not conducting business with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back