Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Jan 12, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #691 of 795
You have to peel the back plastic off. Then you can gain access to the screws which shouldn't be that hard to remove. I've done it before but only to troubleshoot my first ANV which was running as hot as liquid lava :wink:.

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #694 of 795
Quote:
I'm hearing-impaired, so I like my music mono. Is there channel config featured in this DAP? It is a very important feature for me. Thank you for any confirmation

Sorry I don't think there is any way to do that....

Jan 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #696 of 795
So anyway, Noisy Motel are unsympathetic to my situation. They maintain that the player is not at fault, while I maintain that it is a fault, and that the product has falsely advertised specs (the problem with MP3 tags or SD card compatibility, is not mentioned on their website). I will pursue the matter with Australian Fair Trading (you Americans enjoy much better customer service and return policies it would seem). If you don't want to dick around with SD card and MP3 tag issues,  I would not buy this product. This player has , shall we say, "twitchy" reliability. I would also advise against dealing with Noisy Motel period.  

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #697 of 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woe to Hisound for disregarding handicaped-audiophiles!

You're joking or more handicapped than letting on. I've owned 1/2 dozen DAPs and none of them do mono as purchased. I suppose that you will next praise the Tera player for catering to the blind. What were touch screen players thinking?

You were given a solution by encoding all your music to mono so all players would work for you. It can be done with DBpoweramp using the 'channel count' dsp add. You can even adjust the balance in 'channel mapper'. EQ as well and all at encode. Keep 2 files or not as preferred.

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #698 of 795
Quote:
So anyway, Noisy Motel are unsympathetic to my situation. They maintain that the player is not at fault, while I maintain that it is a fault, and that the product has falsely advertised specs (the problem with MP3 tags or SD card compatibility, is not mentioned on their website). I will pursue the matter with Australian Fair Trading (you Americans enjoy much better customer service and return policies it would seem). If you don't want to dick around with SD card and MP3 tag issues,  I would not buy this product. This player has , shall we say, "twitchy" reliability. I would also advise against dealing with Noisy Motel period.  

How could they know without a look? The, what I consider, minor quirks are likely not for how you want to handle it but there's no way for them to know where the fault lies without testing the player.

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #699 of 795
Quote:
How could they know without a look? The, what I consider, minor quirks are likely not for how you want to handle it but there's no way for them to know where the fault lies without testing the player.

These issues with the player are known to Noisy Motel. They suggested the same remedies to my predicament as have been given to me in this thread. My point is- these measures would not be necessary if there is no fault with the player. MP3 is the most common file format available, and this player is not compatible with the tagging system it uses.I maintain that the player shouldn't be sold as is, and I would not have purchased it had I known I would need to fart around with my entire music collection to make it compatible with it (I have NEVER had to do this with any other DAP). In any case, I have tried the solutions as advised here (and by Noisy Motel) and the 32GB SD card is STILL incompatible with the player. It still freezes when I unplug it from the computer. Maybe they should sell this player with a 3rd Anniversary gold plated pin so it's easier to reset the thing every time it freezes. 

BTW-Thanks to Lee and others for providing advice.

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #700 of 795
Furthermore- I gather from this forum that American traders allow for returns for a "change of mind" at the very least. I assume Noisy Motel will not, and ,in my case,they will not accept a return for what is ,arguably, a product fault. So if you purchase from these guys, keep this in mind and pray that you don't experience any problems with your purchase.

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #701 of 795
There are no US dealers. We all bought from overseas. US regs does have an overly liberal and often abused mail order return policy but it doesn't apply or can be enforced on overseas sellers.

When I bought an E11, I did so from a US vendor. Not because I could return it for a month but to have local service and representation. I resold it within that month as it was not the sellers fault that I thought it superfluous to my needs.

Did you just get here? You bought something that has had these very things discussed ad nauseum and they are not unlike the various quirks of other HiEnd players. Why would you buy one if this was going to be a a major issue for you? It is admittedly not for everyone but that's what Headfi threads like this are for, to reveal the idiosyncrasies and personal compatibility of a product. It's like folks read a thread with tunnel vision, buy one thing and than expect another.

I have an SD card that works in 2 of 3 Sansa players I own but not the 3rd. I don't blame the player. There is no problem with HiSound selling this player. There is a problem with you buying it. It's just not for you and there is nothing wrong with that but it should have been apparent before purchase.

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #702 of 795
Quote:
There are no US dealers. We all bought from overseas. US regs does have an overly liberal and often abused mail order return policy but it doesn't apply or can be enforced on overseas sellers.

When I bought an E11, I did so from a US vendor. Not because I could return it for a month but to have local service and representation. I resold it within that month as it was not the sellers fault that I thought it superfluous to my needs.

Did you just get here? You bought something that has had these very things discussed ad nauseum and they are not unlike the various quirks of other HiEnd players. Why would you buy one if this was going to be a a major issue for you? It is admittedly not for everyone but that's what Headfi threads like this are for, to reveal the idiosyncrasies and personal compatibility of a product. It's like folks read a thread with tunnel vision, buy one thing and than expect another.

I have an SD card that works in 2 of 3 Sansa players I own but not the 3rd. I don't blame the player. There is no problem with HiSound selling this player. There is a problem with you buying it. It's just not for you and there is nothing wrong with that but it should have been apparent before purchase.

I read the reviews here before buying the player. The main points I gathered from those reviews were that the player had great sound, but a sub-par UI (this I can live with). I did not know about the music file tagging ,sd card compatibilty, or unit freezing issues. The bottom line is- the player does not deliver on some of its advertised features- ie SD card compatibilty for one. NOWHERE is it mentioned on the Noisy Motel site that I would need to play around with mp3 tagging programs to alter all the file names in my music collection to get this thing to work. This is not advertised as a niche product that requires further programming for it to work. It is a consumer electronics product. If I bought a Sony PS3 which didn't read Sony games discs without first altering some aspect of its soft/firm/hardware I would be entitled to return it for a refund.If you advertise SD card compatibility, then you should make sure that SD cards will work with your product, or provide some sort of disclaimer to say that it may not, and why. In any case,as I mentioned earlier, none of the remedies Noisy Motel suggested have solved the issue. 

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #703 of 795
I read the reviews here before buying the player. The main points I gathered from those reviews were that the player had great sound, but a sub-par UI (this I can live with). I did not know about the music file tagging ,sd card compatibilty, or unit freezing issues. The bottom line is- the player does not deliver on some of its advertised features- ie SD card compatibilty for one. NOWHERE is it mentioned on the Noisy Motel site that I would need to play around with mp3 tagging programs to alter all the file names in my music collection to get this thing to work. This is not advertised as a niche product that requires further programming for it to work. It is a consumer electronics product. If I bought a Sony PS3 which didn't read Sony games discs without first altering some aspect of its soft/firm/hardware I would be entitled to return it for a refund.If you advertise SD card compatibility, then you should make sure that SD cards will work with your product, or provide some sort of disclaimer to say that it may not, and why. In any case,as I mentioned earlier, none of the remedies Noisy Motel suggested have solved the issue. 

You make a point. A very good one.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #705 of 795
Quote:
Like I said. Reading with blinders. There are some sacrifices involved for some but they are ALL well known.

So am I correct in saying that you bought this player knowing that SD cards may or may not work with it? I ask this because this feature was a major selling point for me because of the tiny on-board memory. Knowing that I spent $500 on a unit with 4gb of workable storage is a kick in the guts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back