Toy-fi
Nov 3, 2006 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
I actually have an excuse to collect some toys, as it is actually a tax write off for me, but I've been collecting higher end toys.

Any toy collectors here?

Particularly of the tranforming fare. I just recently gotten a Takara MP-03 Masterpiece Starscream. Wow, some amazing engineering in this one. Of course having worked with the folks at Takara, this comes as no surprise to me.

TAK10557.jpg

TAK10557.jpg

I am currently looking foward to Yamato's upcoming 1/60th scale YF-19.

HBY-ACF-00000074.jpg

6zk2.jpg

-Ed

Nov 3, 2006 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 59
And not to exclude other kinds of toys (let's leave the real "adult" toys out of this thread, OK? LOL, I know someone will go there, so I'm beating that one to the punch) here's a pic of a plush toy in my collection.

Edwood_ModdedRMEdigi96-8PAD_03.jpg

Which also serves as my FS/FT forum mascot.
wink.gif

-Ed

Nov 3, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 59
Holy CRAP - Takara did a Starscream Masterpiece edition?!??!?!?!? That looks more like Thundercracker though - at least from the colour scheme.

Sadly, I just sold my Takara G1 reissues. I'll have to "seek" out the masterpiece line again though. 20th anniversary Optimus is getting lonely.

The new Robotech design is pretty sweet too.

Nov 3, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 59
yeah starscream is red isnt he?

Nov 3, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 59
They went with a realistic visual approach for the F-15 mode, which is why the primary paint scheme is blue grey instead of the red/white that Starscream had. There was a significant amount of bitching about this in the TF toy community when MP-03 Starscream was released, and a few people repainted theirs to match the comic/cartoon colors.

I have a MP-01 Optimus and it is easily the best toy I've owned. Currently waiting for the recently announced MP-05 Megatron. Supposedly, he'll be an oversized Walther P-38 and I'm wondering if they can really pull that one off. The G-1 Megatron toy was... disappointing. ("Trigger crotch" pretty much says it all.)

Nov 3, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #6 of 59
yo, hook us all up!

how do we collect toys and make it a tax deduction?

i love transformers...if you get the time a group shot of your transformer toys posed in battle would be awesome..

Nov 3, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #8 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin
They went with a realistic visual approach for the F-15 mode, which is why the primary paint scheme is blue grey instead of the red/white that Starscream had.

Still, they could have just called it the Masterpiece Thundercracker edition. Didn't they end up doing an MP Ultra Magnus (MP optimus repaint, white)?

Quote:

Currently waiting for the recently announced MP-05 Megatron. Supposedly, he'll be an oversized Walther P-38 and I'm wondering if they can really pull that one off. The G-1 Megatron toy was... disappointing. ("Trigger crotch" pretty much says it all.)

Well, if the other MP editions are any indicator, I have faith. I can't wait to see how it turns out at least.

Nov 3, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #10 of 59
Starscream is much more important in the Transformers mythology than Thundercracker or Skywarp were. So, he gets the Masterpiece version, even if it is an odd choice of colors.

MP-02 was a white Optimus repaint as Ultra Magnus with trailer. Too bad the trailer doesn't transform into exoskeletal armor though. Course, that would defeat the point of doing Ultra Magnus as a repaint.

Nov 3, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #11 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin
Starscream is much more important in the Transformers mythology than Thundercracker or Skywarp were.

No question - and my personal favourite Decepticon, to boot. Which is why I think they could've sacrificed aeronautical accuracy the first time around and maybe done the Thundercracker repaint?

gshan - the alternators line is great too - very, very complex transformations and they look great. I have Smokescreen (WRC Impreza) and Sideswipe (Viper). If you do plan on collecting them, the additional money for the Takara versions is worth the investment over the Hasbro ones. Not just for kitsch or rarity either - the Japanese editions have DIE-CAST bodies, with plastic for the rest. The US versions are plastic throughout.

Nov 4, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #12 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
Im more disposed towards legos. I love to build models of missile silos, and modern war scenarios.

Any pics of your builds?

Nov 8, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #15 of 59
Isn't the other jet the original jetfire? looks very robotech-esq and very nice! a mate used to have the original hasbro model and it was massive

Ive been meaning to grab a couple of models like yours or the guyver or from the film aliens

Do you know any uk links for such things?

Edit: found the jet, macross Valkyrie isn't it? which iirc stems from robotech

Users who are viewing this thread

Back