TOUR CLOSED - Null Audio Premium Upgrade IEM Cables Head-Fi Tour - Starting December 2017
Feb 23, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #46 of 97
Hey Guys, any thoughts/impressions/reviews yet? I would be interested to hear what everyone is thinking and how they are testing the multiple cables.

Mar 13, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #51 of 97
Mar 13, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #52 of 97
Couldn't tell a difference between any of them. Granted, I had A2H Pro V2s and SE215s to work with, neither of which seems to resolve much detail as TOTL IEMs I've listened to. Will post more thoughts on the weight/feel differences though, as that's all I was able to discern between the different models :)

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #53 of 97
Cables received: four boxes, two cables per box.
@hattrick15 , did you ever find out proper orientation of the L/R? I didn't see anyone answer your question.

Question: Does anyone know if the "L" and "R" that are on the connectors supposed to face inward (toward the ear) or outward (away from the ear)? On the cables that retain their shape, its clear that others have been wearing them with the "L"/"R" facing inward. But on the cables that don't retain their shape, I've tried them both ways and to my ears it sounds better with the "L"/"R" facing outward.

Mar 17, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #55 of 97
Mar 17, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #56 of 97
My Null Audio/AAW IEMs were sent to me with the cable already installed, and the markings faced inwards towards my head.

Well, I suppose facing inward should be correct then.

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #57 of 97
I have PM'd the next three participants, (per the instructions on the first page), and the next one on the list, @ngoshawk, has responded so I will get them sent off with "signature required" and will provide the tracking number when I get it. I have not really had any experience with after market headphone cables so this has been an eyeopener of an experience for me, and as soon as I can put a few words together from my notes I will post them. Thanks @Barra for setting up this tour.... except now I may have to buy some new cables :confounded:

Apr 6, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #59 of 97
Cables in my possession. Thank you!

Apr 7, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #60 of 97
So far I have used the Vitesse (silver), Lune & Arete all on my Kinera SEED. The Vitesse did not provide much change (I think it was well above the SEED), while both the Lune & Arete provide positive changes, especially since all are balanced cables.

The Lune provides a rich full bass to the SEED, which was ALMOST there with with stock cable. A nice darker sound is had with that. The Arete provides that but a little less so...and to me would be a better match, as I would be loath to spend 2x the price of the IEM when it sits at the $50 USD price-point. So, for $125 USD, the SEED/Arete make a very nice combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back