TOUR CLOSED - Null Audio Premium Upgrade IEM Cables Head-Fi Tour - Starting December 2017
Dec 16, 2017 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
After all the TOTL CIEM tours I have hosted, I have only once seen a stock cable that matches the quality of the featured TOTL CIEM regardless of price. Some are garbage, some are good enough, but none seem to be premium enough to leave as is. The cable look can make or break the experience. There are a few notable exceptions that offer multiple connectors to fit our assortment of connection needs - thank you DITA - but mostly there is only a 3.5mm option that will not work with our balanced Sony/AK DAPs to hear our toys at their best. Of course, many swear by the improved SQ or signature tuning that premium cables offer. For all these reasons and more, premium cables become an obvious question after a TOTL CIEM purchase.

To see what an upgrade cable can do for our new CIEMs purchases, Null Audio has graciously offered to provide a compelling tour kit that tour members can audition.

NA-logoLargeBGNarrow3_410x.png

https://www.null-audio.com/collections/iem-headphone-cable

upload_2017-12-15_22-20-11.png

upload_2017-12-15_22-20-33.png

US Premium IEM Cable Tour, Featuring:

Null Audio is providing us with a nice full range of cables terminated in balanced AK2.5 with a 3.5mm and a 4.4mm adaptor so we can listen to all our gear. Even better, they are in both 2pin and mmcx so every CIEM option is covered. The Vitesse is even cryo treated so I am expecting great things.

Cables:
  1. Vitesse Cryo 7N CGOCC, Pure Silver (2pin) - 2.5mm TRRS connector ($399 SGD)
  2. Vitesse Cryo 7N CGOCC, Pure Silver (mmcx) - 2.5mm TRRS connector ($399 SGD)
  3. Vitesse Cryo 7N CGOCC, Pure Copper (2pin) - 2.5mm TRRS connector ($249 SGD)
  4. Vitesse Cryo 7N CGOCC, Pure Copper (mmcx) - 2.5mm TRRS connector ($249 SGD)
  5. Arete MKIII, OCC Cast 7N 48 Strand Copper (2pin) - 2.5mm TRRS connector ($99 SGD)
  6. Arete MKIII, OCC Cast 7N 48 Strand Copper (mmcx) - 2.5mm TRRS connector ($99 SGD)
  7. Lune MKVI, OCC Cast Silver/rare Metal Alloy, Litz 4 (2pin) - 2.5mm TRRS connector ($149 SGD)
  8. Lune MKVI, OCC Cast Silver/rare Metal Alloy, Litz 4 (mmcx) - 2.5mm TRRS connector ($149 SGD)
Adapters:
  • Hyper Short 2.5mm-3.5mm converter ($29.95 SGD)
  • Hyper Short 2.5mm-4.4mm converter ($29.95 SGD)
Cable Descriptions:

Vitesse Silver

Vitesse Cryo 7N CGOCC-A Pure Silver Earphone Cable utilizes the specially made 7N purity CGOCC-A silver wires with a gauge of 23AWG and an amazing 148 strands of a fine silver conductor. It is 8 wire braided to minimize cross interference and insulated with ultra flexible silicone sleeve.

Vitesse Series Earphone Cable utilizes a special type of metal conductors, which are Crystallized Grown by Ohno Continuous Casting Processed and then Critical Temperature Annealed. The wiring underwent cryogenic treatment to further reduce residual stress, resistance and enhance music signal transmission.

The special processed metal conductor has a single crystal structure. The process re-heats the extrusion in the crystal structure as the molten metal is forced out of the mold and very slowly and gradually draws the grain or crystal down the conductor's length, creating a 'single crystal structure'. The improvement is significant, with almost no crystal boundaries, the audio signal is no longer impeded down the wire and resulting in much less signal distortion and decay. More information and detail is delivered as much as original to the receiving equipment.

The percentage reduction of area on our cable is increased by 414% and elongation characteristic is improved by 239%. Resistivity on our cable is 31.7% less than regular process wire, the gas impurity is reduced to 5ppm(O2) and 0.25ppm(H2), which significantly reduces signal attenuation and helps a faithful transmission of the signal.

Vitesse Copper
Vitesse Cryo 7N CGOCC-A Copper Earphone Cable utilizes the specially made 7N purity CGOCC-A wires with a gauge of 23AWG and an amazing 144 strands of fine copper conductor. It is 8 wire braided to minimize cross interference and insulated with ultra flexible silicone sleeve.

Vitesse Series Earphone Cable utilizes a special type of metal conductors, which are Crystallized Grown by Ohno Continuous Casting processed and then Critical Temperature Annealed. The wiring underwent cryogenic treatment to further reduce residual stress, resistance and enhance music signal transmission.

The special processed metal conductor has a single crystal structure. The process re-heats the extrusion in the crystal structure as the molten metal is forced out of the mold and very slowly and gradually draws the grain or crystal down the conductor's length, creating a 'single crystal structure'. The improvement is significant, with almost no crystal boundaries, the audio signal is no longer impeded down the wire and resulting in much less signal distortion and decay. More information and detail is delivered as much as original to the receiving equipment.

The percentage reduction of area on our cable is increased by 414% and elongation characteristic is improved by 239%. Resistivity on our cable is 31.7% less than regular process wire, the gas impurity is reduced to 5ppm(O2) and 0.25ppm(H2), which significantly reduces signal attenuation and helps a faithful transmission of the signal.

Arete MKIII
The Arete Series MKIII Cable is made of premium grade multi-stranded OCC material conductor. Combined with elastic insulation material, Arete series cable offers the most flexible (when selecting with Nylon sleeve) earphone cable solution on market. The cable itself is quad braided to reduce low range distortion and interference for max performance and offers dynamic and euphonic sound presentation.This cable carries very little memory effect nor microphonics. If you are looking for a cable for extreme comfort and mobile/outdoor usage, this is the best solution for you!

What is changed in the MKIII generation?
  • OCC cast 7N copper conductors - total 48 strands per wire
  • Ultra-durable TPE insulator, chemical repellant
  • Copper bodied IEM connector(For 2PIN/MMCX/A2DC), Y-Splitter, 3.5/2.5mm connectors
The cable also optionally includes a dual mode inline remote that supports both iOS and major Android devices. The remote is equipped with premium MEMS microphone which offers crystal clear call quality.

Lune MKVI
The Lune utilizes specially made silver wires with chemi-resistant TPE sleeving as high-performance conductors, braided to reduce low range and interference noises. It minimizes transmission phase shifts and distortions while providing immense clarity over the sound realm with better depth, width, image focus and finer low range resolution. The Lune is of extreme lightweight, terminated with high-quality audio connectors. This is a very sharp looking cable and serves as the best IEM replacement cable on market.

What is changed in the MKIV generation?
  • OCC cast silver/rare metal alloy conductor, same secret recipe, now OCC cast.
  • Litz 4 configured conductors - Four individual 18-strand conductors, total 72 strands per wire, 288 strands per cable.
  • Four individual braids surround a center Kevlar reinforcement fibre core for maximum tensile strength and durability
  • Ultra clear and durable TPE insulator
  • Copper bodied IEM connector(For 2PIN/MMCX/A2DC), Y-Splitter, 3.5/2.5mm connectors
This cable also optionally includes a dual mode inline remote that supports both iOS and major Android devices. The remote is equipped with premium MEMS microphone which offers crystal clear call quality.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 97
Tour Logistics (7 Day Audition)
Logistically Friendly Portion
: The initial participant list is organized logistically at the end of sign-ups to minimize shipping costs and shipping time and will start on the West Coast and go East. The tour will begin with the first in the list for a 7-day audition. Thereafter each participant will be responsible to deliver or ship the demo kit to the next participant in the list.
Latecomers: Participants that join following the logistically friendly portion will come first come first serve and be added to a latecomers list. The tour will continue from the first list to the latecomers' list at the conclusion of the initial portion.
Additional Kits: If the tour grows large enough that we get additional kits, we will add the second kit to the end of the logistically friendly list and work toward the middle or in some fashion that is deemed fair.

Participation Rules
Please remember to do your part as a participant:
  1. Upon Receipt - Announce: Please announce receipt and condition to the thread so we can follow the tour kits progress.
  2. Upon Receipt - PM Next 3: Please immediately PM the next three participants in the tour to arrange to ship ASAP. By PMing the next three, you have multiple choices in case one is unavailable, but please give precedence to the tour order when possible.
  3. Trading Places: Please work out trading places between yourselves when required. As long as everyone affected approves, I am happy to allow everyone to make special arrangements.
  4. Impressions: Impressions help to keep the thread interesting even if you do not like them if you explain why. Sometimes we can help to fix any issues - pairing, cleaning, etc.
  5. Shipping Ontime: It is each participants responsibility to ship out on time on the 8th day. This means actively PMing the next or next 3 participants to get a viable destination prior to the 8th day.
  6. Proper Shipping: It is everyone's responsibility to only ship to a viable participant with follow up info just in case:
    1. NO PO Addresses: Must be a real address where the item can be tracked to a person.
    2. Phone Numbers: Participants must provide phone numbers and emails so that there is a channel of communication in case of issues.
    3. Tracking Number: It is critical to PM a tracking number to the receiving participant so that the recipient can arrange for the receipt - especially with signature required.
    4. Signature Required: To avoid the high cost of insuring, we have opted to go signature required to track receipt to a real individual. This is required in shipping out the kit.
  7. Enjoy: Please enjoy your time with the demo kit. It is a unique experience to be able to hear these fabulous toys in the comfort of your own home and with your music and equipment so please take full advantage and let us know how it works for you.

Tour Sign Up
To sign up for this tour, please post your name, city, and state only – no personal address in the public forum – and then declare that you agree to follow the terms of the tour. That’s it. We reserve the right to turn down the application if we find a cause but hope to accommodate all those US Head-Fi’ers that are interested.

Contact Info Requirement:
Due to some raised concerns, I will be collecting contact information on each participant in the tour through a PM sent to me at @Barra.

Contact Info to Send:
- please PM to @Barra:
  • Copy/scan/photo of ID: We need a photo of your drivers license or passport.
  • Complete Home Contact Info - Phone/Address
  • Complete Work Contract Info - Phone/Address
Already Sent from other Tour?: Many of you have already been on my other tours and have already gone through the process of providing contact info. If this is the case, please help me out by forwarding the previous PM again and you are good to go. This new HeadFi system makes searching PMs very difficult and given the tours I have been hosting, my PMs are vast.

Sign Up Now: Signups begin now and will remain open during the tour welcoming late comers. However, we reserve the right to end signups at any time so please don’t hesitate or you may lose out. The tour will start when we have enough participants to create a reasonable list. Have fun!

Example Sign up Post: From Barra: I live in Anthem, AZ and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #3 of 97
Tour Participant List
We hope to gather our list over the next few weeks to build logistics into our tour order. However, the tour will be starting in Seattle first and may start before we close our participation requests. We may add more as it makes sense, but later logistics will be first come first serve so likely to make postage more expensive. The good news is that we will do our best to accommodate all US Head-Fiers that wish to participate.

US Tour (Name/Location):
  1. + @Barra - Anthem, AZ - Shipped to @ericr : 1/8/18
  2. + @ericr - Issaquah, WA - Received from @Barra : 1/11/18, Shipped to @Land-O-The-Free : 1/18/18
  3. + @Land-O-The-Free - Wenatchee, WA - Received from @ericr : 1/25/18, Shipping to @hattrick15 : 2/2/18
  4. + @hattrick15 - Palo Alto, CA >>> Received from @Land-O-The-Free : 2/10/18, Shipped to @GTecX :2/17/18
  5. + @GTecX - Pomona, CA >>> Received from @hattrick15 : 2/22/18. Shipped to @kubedzero : 3/2/18
  6. + @kubedzero - San Fancisco, CA >>> Received from @GTecX : 3/6/18, Shipped to @Blueshound24 : 3/13/18
  7. + @Blueshound24 - Sioux Falls, SD >>> Received from @kubedzero : 3/16/18, Shipped to @ngoshawk : 4/2/18
  8. + @ngoshawk - Warrensbirg, MO >>> Received from @Blueshound24 : 4/6/18, Shipped to @faithguy19 : 4/16/18
  9. + @faithguy19 - Merrillville, IN >>> Received from @ngoshawk : 4/19/18, Shipped to @rantng : 4/26/18
  10. + @rantng - Brooklyn, NY >>> Received from @faithguy19 : 4/28/18, Shipped to @SilverEars : 5/9/18
  11. + @SilverEars - Boston, MA >>> Received from @rantng : 5/11/18, Shipped to @koven : 5/21/18
Latecomers:
  1. + @kubig123 - Englewood Cliffs, NJ >>> Dropped from Participating
  2. + @ExpiredLabel - Portland, OR >>> Skipped - Opted out
  3. + @koven - San Jose, CA >>> Received from @SilverEars : 5/23/18, Shipped to @guani360 : 6/1/18
  4. + @guani360 - Port Saint Lucie, FL >>> Received from @koven : 6/4/18, shipped to @Ike1985 : 6/12/18
  5. + @Ike1985 - Elizabethtown, KY >>> Received from @guani360 : ?, Shipped to @Barra : 7/10/18
  6. + @Barra - Anthem, AZ >>> Received from @Ike1985 : ?

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 97
I live in Anthem, AZ and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Dec 16, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 97
I live in San Francisco, CA and agree to the terms of the tour. I would like to participate in the tour. I will be available starting January 5, 2018 so if by chance I am placed in the schedule ahead of that, others are free to go in front of me :)

As always, thanks @Barra for setting this up! Really curious to see if I can notice a difference on the AAW A2H Pro V2s I just received yesterday :)

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #11 of 97
I live in Palo Alto, CA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #12 of 97
I live in Warrensbirg, MO and would like to sign up. I agree to all terms and conditions. Thanks @Barra!

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #15 of 97
I live in Sioux Falls, SD and agree to the terms of the tour. I would like to participate in the tour. Thanks @Barra !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back