TOUR CLOSED - Hidition US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - NT6pro, NT6, and Viento >>> Starting May 2017
Aug 10, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #107 of 225
@Barra Is there a product difference between the IEM prices in this topic and the prices from the hidition site?
I simply copied the prices from the Hidition website and converted to dollars. The Hidition website is your best source.

Aug 11, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #109 of 225
Aug 12, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #110 of 225
The Hidition NT6 Twins; NT6 and NT6 Pro:

The NT6 twins have held a legendary status in the premium IEM world for quite some time. But the reason behind their success may not be apparent immediately. The most conspicuous aspect about the NT6 twins when you listen to them for the first time would be their treble. For sensitive listeners this treble may be bright and even harsh. The listeners with better tolerance would find joy in its sparkly treble.

Regardless of which camp you fall into, the secret to the twins' success lie in the fundamentals. Not the fundamental frequencies but the fundamental qualities required for a multi-BA IEM to sound right. To be more specific, the speed and coherency in their presentation is just astounding. In addition, their instrument separation, resolution and transparency are quite high. While some of the expensive competition have surpassed the twins in those aspects, most of the similar priced IEMs are still playing catch up. The imaging is also very accurate in a stage that may not blow you away. But the stage again is very coherent and has sufficient depth.

It is in the bass frequencies, the twins separate ways. NT6Pro has an enhanced bottom end with a tilt towards the sub-bass that adds power and dynamics. NT6's bass on the other hand strictly conforms to the neutral line. NT6 is a neutral reference IEM with a bright tone where as the NT6 Pro has more fun factor to itself with the powerful low end. This helps the NT6 to achieve slightly better instrument separation and transparency. Most differences end there. In the mid-range, both the twins place the instruments and vocals at a distance that is neutral. A slight bump in the 2kHz region yields good size and power to the vocals. But because of the recession in the 800Hz region, instruments do not carry the same power and size. It is not a thin mid-range but it not one that is full-bodied either.

In the treble both are bright. Unlike some IEMs where the treble peaks add brightness to the mid-range, the brightness on the twins stick to the treble region for the most part in the form of sparkles. And for this reason you will not find vocals getting artificially bright. The treble extension is also above average. But this is definitely a bright treble. The treble that provides excitement and precision to those who are tolerant. The timbre of the instruments may also lie on the bright side because of the treble. But it does not sound off or artificial.

I have always thought that my ideal IEM would be one with a neutral tuning. Having had the chance to listen to the NT6Pro, I realized that I would indeed prefer a few dB of low end power. And so if I had to choose one between the twins, it would be the NT6Pro. If you are someone who prefers a more neutral bass, NT6 may be the way to go. If you are tolerant to treble brightness and are in the market for an IEM that gets the IEM fundamentals right, one of the NT6 twins should be right up your alley.

P.S: These IEMs have been known to deliver better performance with a better cable.

Hope this helps. Happy Listening!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #111 of 225
The Hidition NT6 Twins; NT6 and NT6 Pro:

The NT6 twins have held a legendary status in the premium IEM world for quite some time. But the reason behind their success may not be apparent immediately. The most conspicuous aspect about the NT6 twins when you listen to them for the first time would be their treble. For sensitive listeners this treble may be bright and even harsh. The listeners with better tolerance would find joy in its sparkly treble.

Regardless of which camp you fall into, the secret to the twins' success lie in the fundamentals. Not the fundamental frequencies but the fundamental qualities required for a multi-BA IEM to sound right. To be more specific, the speed and coherency in their presentation is just astounding. In addition, their instrument separation, resolution and transparency are quite high. While some of the expensive competition have surpassed the twins in those aspects, most of the similar priced IEMs are still playing catch up. The imaging is also very accurate in a stage that may not blow you away. But the stage again is very coherent and has sufficient depth.

It is in the bass frequencies, the twins separate ways. NT6Pro has an enhanced bottom end with a tilt towards the sub-bass that adds power and dynamics. NT6's bass on the other hand strictly conforms to the neutral line. NT6 is a neutral reference IEM with a bright tone where as the NT6 Pro has more fun factor to itself with the powerful low end. This helps the NT6 to achieve slightly better instrument separation and transparency. Most differences end there. In the mid-range, both the twins place the instruments and vocals at a distance that is neutral. A slight bump in the 2kHz region yields good size and power to the vocals. But because of the recession in the 800Hz region, instruments do not carry the same power and size. It is not a thin mid-range but it not one that is full-bodied either.

In the treble both are bright. Unlike some IEMs where the treble peaks add brightness to the mid-range, the brightness on the twins stick to the treble region for the most part in the form of sparkles. And for this reason you will not find vocals getting artificially bright. The treble extension is also above average. But this is definitely a bright treble. The treble that provides excitement and precision to those who are tolerant. The timbre of the instruments may also lie on the bright side because of the treble. But it does not sound off or artificial.

I have always thought that my ideal IEM would be one with a neutral tuning. Having had the chance to listen to the NT6Pro, I realized that I would indeed prefer a few dB of low end power. And so if I had to choose one between the twins, it would be the NT6Pro. If you are someone who prefers a more neutral bass, NT6 may be the way to go. If you are tolerant to treble brightness and are in the market for an IEM that gets the IEM fundamentals right, one of the NT6 twins should be right up your alley.

P.S: These IEMs have been known to deliver better performance with a better cable.

Hope this helps. Happy Listening!
Very nice impressions!

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #112 of 225
as a very happy NT6 owner i need to state again how good the synergy of NT6 is with the whiplash hybrid v3 cable

simply amazing synergy, if you have NT6 around you should consider getting it

cheers

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #114 of 225
Good evening everyone, I received the tour kit today. Both nt6 and nt6 pro seem in good condition, I will pm next two people in line for their addresses...
If I remember correctly, you had previously owned the Pro. I would be curious to hear if you feel that they have changed there formula too - new dynamic like boost to the bottom.

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #115 of 225
If I remember correctly, you had previously owned the Pro. I would be curious to hear if you feel that they have changed there formula too - new dynamic like boost to the bottom.

The original Pros weren't this powerful in the low end, is it?

Aug 15, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #116 of 225
My original 2013 Pros were quicker in the low end. The new tuning has more dynamic-like hang time that gives them a more organic feel and a bit more fun. I am really enjoying the new tuning. However, I am not sure if there is a variance in sets due to hand made qualities, just a change in drivers over time as old versions become obsolete, or if there is indeed a new planned tuning.

Aug 15, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #117 of 225
I've never heard the nt6-pro before today. I sold all iems some time ago and I've been wanting to get back in again so I signed up for a couple of the tours you're organizing. To be honest it's taking me a bit to get my brain adjusted to in ears again. I'll give them a good listen tonight see how it goes...

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #119 of 225
Sorry for the late update, I've been busy and had no time to update on here but the tour kit arrived on Thursday and will be shipped out sometime next Friday or potentially earlier if it looks like I won't have much time to listen.

The Viento was added back to the kit so I'll include some photos of what should be expected.

IMG_20170826_104712.jpg IMG_20170826_104740.jpg

Aside from what's in the photos the only things not pictured is some empty baggies which I believe the cables were originally in, and the warranty card.

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #120 of 225
I live in Palo Alto, CA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. You have my information from current Lime Ears tour. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back