TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro
Feb 25, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #301 of 533
  I sent mine out today, so it should (according to UPS) be arriving at the next East Coast participant tomorrow.

Will you give any thoughts? 
basshead.gif

Feb 25, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #302 of 533
To be honest, I spent far less time listening to them than I had hoped. (My schedule was pretty hectic this past week.) I will make the following comments:

1. The Music One had surprising warmth for a single armature design. As ljokerl said in his review, I could see the Music One being a great upgrade from the HifiMan RE400.
  2. The Music Two was my favorite of the bunch (which is good, since I've ordered it already). Versus my Dunu DN1000 (which also has a V-shaped signature), I would have liked a bit more low-end extension and a bit less emphasis in the upper-midrange (which I'm sensitive to), but overall I was very happy. I spent the majority of the time listening to this set.
  3. The Pro 330v2 was my second favorite. It may have been the closest to my preferred signature, in fact, but I found the warmth overpowered the intelligibility of the vocals of some of my songs.
  4. The Harmony 8 Pro was the one that I spent the least time with, because as impressive as it was, its sound signature just didn't sit well with me (too bright). I did listen to it long enough to determine that A) it is *very* clear, and B) it is unforgiving on badly mastered tracks. While I didn't take to it, I suspect I could like the non-pro version of the Harmony could be a much better fit for me.

Sorry, but that's all I've got for now. I suspect I'll have more to say when the custom version of the Music Two arrives, though.

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #306 of 533
I live in Portland, OR and can hold up the agreements/provisions set forth by customart.

Bummer you didn't get on the list earlier. I could've hand-delivered them :wink_face:

If / when you get the kit, I wouldn't mind meeting up for another run at the H8P. Seems the cables were swapped causing some sound quality / signature issues for earlier tour members.

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #307 of 533
Feb 27, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #308 of 533
yea if
Bummer you didn't get on the list earlier. I could've hand-delivered them
wink_face.gif

If / when you get the kit, I wouldn't mind meeting up for another run at the H8P. Seems the cables were swapped causing some sound quality / signature issues for earlier tour members.

yea if you wanna meet up we can. So just to clarify the kit NOW has Better cables? or did have them and were switched?

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #313 of 533
Is the tour still going? If so:
I live in Glen Head, NY and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Been looking at CIEMs and saw these on theheadphonelist as the best for my criteria (and slightly beyond). Looking forward to participate if accepted.

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #314 of 533
Is the tour still going? If so:
I live in Glen Head, NY and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Been looking at CIEMs and saw these on theheadphonelist as the best for my criteria (and slightly beyond). Looking forward to participate if accepted.

added to the east coast tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back