TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Jul 20, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #212 of 813
Jul 21, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #215 of 813
Hi Barra - I live in Boulder, CO and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Sending additional info now. Thanks in advance.
added

Jul 21, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #217 of 813
I just chanced upon this thread. This is unbelievable..
Does anyone know if there's a UK tour arranged or who I might talk to in order to ask if I can arrange one?

I met a guy (from 64 Audio I think?) called Paul at the London CanJam last weekend. I was running the iBasso stall next to his 64 Audio stall :D
I thought such a thing - meaning a flagship IEM tour - would never happen (except to famous reviewers on here), so I never even thought to ask.
Kind of kicking myself now :p
Have done several review tours already with a bunch of good guys on here from the UK.
If anyone can help, please PM me :)

Jul 22, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #218 of 813
Here are my brief impressions of U18 (followed by Forte):

U18 was a very good fit. And it wasn't thick nor was it heavy. The only improvement I would suggest is to provide some color options to the users even for the universal. Black or gray or silver would be nice options. The color that's currently used for U18, let's say that I'm not a favorite of that. :)

I used Sony xperia xz, Ak Jr, Onkyo-dp-x1 and The bit opus#1 as the source. All were fine. However I notice that both U18 and Forte use more current. May be because of Tia?

Sound: The U18 is definitely fun to listen to. It has good extensions in the low. Good quality bass and sub bass. And extends very well in the treble region too (The TIA coming into play). The mids are excellent. Vocals are clear too and the words can be precisely heard. Overall very balanced across all frequencies and definitely it isn't a neutral/reference signature. Put it on and keep listening. I didn't want to take it out.

Tia Forte:
It is smaller and thinner than U18. Yet there is an oddity with the nozzle. The nozzle is short compared to U18 or any other 64audio IEMs. The nozzle attaches to a wider body that's part of the iem shell. Why am I explaining this? Because this thing makes it a tough fit on my right ear. Must be my ear, but still it was uncomfortable for longer listening sessions. If it had been like U18, it would have been perfect. I've 64audio U4SE and used to own U12 so I'm quite comfortable with their iems.

The Forte has a tad more extension in the high and low frequencies. And both U18 and Forte have appealing sound signatures even though the bass is high compared to U18. The sound is very uniform and feels so harmonious. Yet I'm not sure if it's worth the asking price of $3600.

The high prices on both U18 and Forte are definitely a big minus. At least there's the option of B stock options on these two universals. Even then it's still too pricier. There are many good options in the $1000-$2000 price range for brand new iems from competitors and I'm not sure if the pricing of $3000 and $3600 is okay. Those competitor iems bring a lot to the table sound wise and technical features too. That's how I feel about the price for sure. It's not in the stratosphere but out in the space. Beyond reach.

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #220 of 813
Received the kit today from @ExpiredLabel , everything appears to be in order and in good condition.

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #221 of 813
I live in Tuckahoe, NY, and would like to participate in the tour, if possible. I agree to the terms of the tour.

Jul 26, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #222 of 813
Aug 3, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #224 of 813
Received the kit from @nycdoi, everything looks in order & in good condition. Can't wait for the weekend!

~edit - @Barra there is a rattle coming from both earpieces of the U18 Tzar. I suspect loose drivers. From what I can tell, it doesn't seem to be affecting the sound; nothing sounds 'off' which I would expect if there were a loose connection. My Westone UM10 has the same rattle on the left earpiece, although the connection on the UM10 is most definitely loose; being a single armature, the sound cuts in & out. I will continue to monitor the rattle in the U18 & will report any issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back