TOTL Headphones for Rock
Sep 28, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #46 of 61
Why did you decide to exit from Stax?
I sold my Omega/009/mk1/DIY T2 and I switched to electrostatic speakers. The pandemic is partly responsible for keeping me around headphone interests.

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #47 of 61
Kind of surprised no one has mentioned the Rad-0 yet. They have tremendous grunt and are typically praised for rock/electronic music because of said growl. I love mine!

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #48 of 61
I don't know headfi is the only forum where Abyss is so much hyped. All other forums agree that it's either an interesting headphone thats worth a try or that it totally sucks.

Tbqh, I don't trust people that say the TC or the Susvara suck. It's a very easy disqualifier for me lol

Preference is one thing, but they are two of the best on the market.. easily beat 95% of what's out there. So if someone says they suck, chances are either they aren't experienced or they are saying so because they're biased. And it's usually the latter.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #49 of 61
My favorite headphone for Rock is the Kennerton Vali (original edition at least-- haven't heard the revised version). Rich, punchy, dynamic, energetic, with good detail and separation and--crucially for me--a very smooth top end. Of the 30+ headphones I have, nothing rocks out better. Again, though, I haven't heard the latest iteration of the Vali-- apparently it's not as bass centric. It's not a perfect headphone, mind you, and no it's not at the Abyss level, but it's damn good. And not fatiguing like a lot of cans can be (although I remember someone saying they thought it was almost too intense in its presentation). As always, YMMV.

Oct 3, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #50 of 61
Did the LCD-5 sound good to you? I'm coming from a plethora of 1k headphones so this will be my first high-end headphone purchase. (Considering my dac and amp both individually cost twice the amount of my actual headphones...)

A month ago I was dead set on the Susvaras.
Don’t buy lcd 5 without more impressions

don’t do it

wait until many have compared it directly to susvara

I say susvara because it’s obvious this is audeze answer to the susvara and you were ready to buy it.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #52 of 61
If everyone thought that way, there won't be "more impressions".

Plenty of places offer good return policies to buy and try and I'm sure there will be those with demo units soon, if not already.
Currently we have canjam impressions and impressions from a plethora of corporate people and a very small amount of actual owners

im sure there are plenty of people who can afford to drop 4.5k

all I was saying was for others who tend to not venture into summit fi often to hold on a little longer

Apr 22, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #54 of 61
Having never seen these before, do they really look that silly in person?
Like, the metal frame floats like 3 inches off the top of your head.
I think you might fall for it once you have it. It is made exceptionally well.

May 7, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #56 of 61
Anyone voted Solitaire P?

May 7, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #57 of 61
Any ZMF but particularly the Aeolus and Atticus. I also have read the Atrium is excellent for rock but I haven't heard yet.

May 9, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #58 of 61
Anyone voted Solitaire P?
Great cans, but I would not say that rock music is their main strength. Although rock is generally a very broad concept. If we are talking about hardrock electric guitars and a classic drum kit, then I would vote for LCD5. If we are talking about slapping on bass guitar or spatial effects, then Solitaire P. It's best to have both, of course. They complement each other perfectly.

May 9, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #59 of 61
Soltanus Acoustics Euridiche

Spent a great amount of time listening to rock tunes with these... let's just say that estat speed does its magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back