TOTL Headphones for EDM
Dec 30, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #17 of 45
Mar 18, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #20 of 45
RAD-0 B-Stock in US in 1.999$ here it's only available for 3200€. Is it really worth that much?
what did you end up getting? I'm looking similar but currently at a LCD-4 (I don't mind EQ) vs the RAD-0. Money no option.

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #21 of 45
what did you end up getting? I'm looking similar but currently at a LCD-4 (I don't mind EQ) vs the RAD-0. Money no option.
Senn HD25 is the best i've heard so far. Didn't try LCD-4, Rad-0 or Abyss for various reasons (weight, amp power, frequency response).

Currently burning in a HE1000V2 but i don't think its the ideal choice for EDM.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #22 of 45
Out of the headphones that I own, the LCD-4z is the one I go to for listening to electronic music. The bass is excellent with good impact and extension. The treble is nice as well but does not have as much air as I would like. However this headphone is the one I use when I want to tap my toes and enjoy some tunes.

Mar 26, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #24 of 45
And It's not even kind of close.
Although I'm sure I'll use the TC for every genre under the sun, it's really electronic (in all forms and variations) that I expect the TC to excel at the most. The SR1a doesn't cut it at all for it and the LCD-4, as great as the bass is, doesn't seem quite right either. I think it's the low-mids that are a little too tubby and bouncy when I want solid punch and definition there for electronic.

Mar 26, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #25 of 45
Although I'm sure I'll use the TC for every genre under the sun, it's really electronic (in all forms and variations) that I expect the TC to excel at the most. The SR1a doesn't cut it at all for it and the LCD-4, as great as the bass is, doesn't seem quite right either. I think it's the low-mids that are a little too tubby and bouncy when I want solid punch and definition there for electronic.
For me, it's really progressive/technical metal where the TC carries me away. For a very bass-centric genre such as EDM, it's a no brainer.

Although I have extreme dislike for the Utopia, I can also see that excelling with EDM-style music.

Mar 26, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #26 of 45
For me, it's really progressive/technical metal where the TC carries me away. For a very bass-centric genre such as EDM, it's a no brainer.

Although I have extreme dislike for the Utopia, I can also see that excelling with EDM-style music.
Oh yeah, metal, of course! Can't wait to fire up the likes of Meshuggah, AAL and Opeth on the TC.

For whatever reason, I could not even develop a passing interest in the Focal headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #27 of 45
+1 on the Rad-0 !

Mar 26, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #28 of 45
Oh yeah, metal, of course! Can't wait to fire up the likes of Meshuggah, AAL and Opeth on the TC.

For whatever reason, I could not even develop a passing interest in the Focal headphones.
You are in for a treat. 1597450347302.png

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #29 of 45

Hi.

In the case that it is alright for me to enquire, I would be interested to know why that is, that you possess an "extreme dislike" for the Utopias.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #30 of 45
Hi.

In the case that it is alright for me to enquire, I would be interested to know why that is, that you possess an "extreme dislike" for the Utopias.
Hot treble likely exacerbated by the metallic timbre makes for a very fatiguing listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back