TOTL Headphones for EDM
Dec 26, 2020 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

Deolum

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for experiences of high-end headphones from people who listen mostly to electronic music and pop. Which headphones are suited for that kind of music?

I'm especially interested in experiences with the following headphones for EDM:

HE-6
HE1000V2
Susvara
Stax 007
Stax 009

So if anyone can say something good or bad about it pls share your experience.

Dec 26, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 45
100% Abyss 1266 Phi TC

Dec 26, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 45
1. Abyss 1266 Phi TC
2. Rosson RAD0 (the LCD4 with better highs)
3. Stax SR007 (but need a Carbon)

009 is not a good choice for EDM even with Carbon. Good for Rock & Metal but not EDM.

HE1000v2 is for my taste too slow.

Utopia is a good choice I heared Paul Van Dyk a few days ago. Very fast transients and enough bass for my taste with balanced connection to V281.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #4 of 45
Susvara, properly amped, works great for EDM (and everything else). Bass is deep, detailed, and can hit hard. I've auditioned both Stax headphones on several occasions, and never liked the bass that much on either. Hard pass for EDM.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #5 of 45
I listen to a fair amount of electronic music, and I'm very happy with the SR-007 MK1. I do love bass, and the Stax satisfies me. Other headphones such as the Abyss may be even better in this regard, but I haven't heard them to compare. I'm very sensitive of sibilance, and headphones with a lot of energy in the upper-mid and high frequencies can be downright painful. The SR-007's are the most non-fatiguing headphones I've heard, and I listen quite loud at times. Electrostats display excellent speed, resolution, imaging, and timbre, and these qualities make all genres--including EDM--sound great.

There are a ton of fantastic headphones out there, so it's hard to go wrong with any number of them. Everyone will give their opinion on what's best, so it helps if you can audition them yourself.

Dec 29, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #6 of 45
Meze Empyrean works great for EDM.

You're from germany.
Therefore I recommend to contact headphonecompany.com, they also send you headphones to test on your own rig on top of recommending you fitting options!

Dec 29, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #9 of 45
TH900mk2 red version , from your list HE6

Dec 29, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #13 of 45
Dec 29, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #14 of 45
I'm looking for experiences of high-end headphones from people who listen mostly to electronic music and pop. Which headphones are suited for that kind of music?

I'm especially interested in experiences with the following headphones for EDM:

HE-6
HE1000V2
Susvara
Stax 007
Stax 009

So if anyone can say something good or bad about it pls share your experience.
I think Beyerdynamic t1.3 or t5.3 would be better choice. there isnt much open headphones that have good bass and beat is essential for edm.
Abyss, Fostex th909, Audezes thats it for open backs.

Dec 30, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #15 of 45
I'm also a heavy EDM listener and currently using my ZMF Verite Closed. They do sound quite nice, but I did find the female vocals on these are slightly laid back for my tastes. Soundstage is quite good for a closed back, and depending on pads, it can either put me right near the DJ at a music festival, or further out back from the stage. I really didn't want to eq, but in the end I ended up boosting 50hz as much as +7db (basshead here) for my tastes, and +3db for 3khz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back