Totally ignorant-- IPOD Nano alternatives. $200-$300.
Dec 12, 2008 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
All I care about is sound quality. I currently have an older Nano and all I download to it is .wav files. Full-range, full-rez. No compression. All the music comes from me and my computer, I'm not downloading from another source.

The only thing I will use the device for is listening to music, I don't care about any other functionality.

It would be great to have a small device, but even that is maybe negotiable (depending on size). If it has several EQ settings to choose from, like the Nano, that is great.

I want it to have a known strong amp to power my headphones.

What 3 devices am I looking for?

Thanks.

Mark

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 9
Sansa Fuze?
Sony A818?

Note that the Fuze also supports FLAC - might want to consider getting into that seeing as it is still lossless, just takes up a lot less space

Dec 12, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 9
I will look into these. Thanks, guys.
beerchug.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #9 of 9
what headphones will you be powering? i have not heard a portable that cannot supply way too much volume to any headphone i have owned: hd600, dt880, dt770, dj1pro but for bass, not a single one did very well:

d2, meizu m6, ipod touch, ipod shuffle, ipod nano.

if you like music without gaps, only the ipod will do, but if you don't mind gaps in between the songs, the others are good choices too. if you use sensitive iems, the sony will not be a good choice as they hiss madly but otherwise sound very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back