Total Bithead Battery Meltdown
Jan 3, 2008 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

packet

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased a Total Bithead (little over a month ago) and noticed a bit of noise in the higher frequencies (about 8KHz+) but I tried to shrug it off as I was getting pretty amazing sound for $150. But it eventually came to the point that I could no longer bear battery power (this noise began to show at all frequencies). Today I gave the batteries one last attempt, as I flicked the switch however, nothing happened. I flipped my Bithead over (it was sitting on the rubber door) and noticed white substance encrusted around the edge of the door. Opening it revealed several exploded batteries leaking acid. The amp can no longer be powered off battery power. I just sent HeadRoom an email so we'll see what they say.

However, I'm curious if this is a common issue? I've read a few posts here mentioning buying second hand units that HeadRoom repaired of battery leakage issues. Does anyone have anything that can help me?

Oh yea, first post. Hello Head-Fi =)

Jan 3, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 12
First post? Sheesh, kind of a crappy first post to have to make, sorry about that.

It happens from time to time... battery leakage, I mean. Please email mikeo@headphone.com and he'll fix you up.

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel all warm inside! Good work Headroom.

Agreed. An outstanding level of customer service. Well done, Headroom.

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #8 of 12
Thanks, Guys ... The support is much appreciated; We do aim to please!
smily_headphones1.gif

Packet -- Hopefully your new TBH has arrived by now and is fully rockin' your world!

Cheers,

Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Feb 29, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #9 of 12
Yea Jorge you rock man.

I had exaclty the same problem as above. I called and was offered a new one, but I decided to see what would happen. I cleaned the contacts and replaced the batteries with new ones and I have had no probs since. I'm wondering if maybe it happens only to the first set, as the chipset in the Bithead breaks in...
but what do I know..

Feb 29, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugano-san /img/forum/go_quote.gif
double post.

I don't get it...did I do something wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back