Total Bithead and Batteries
Feb 22, 2008 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

probedb

Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I've not posted here in a long while and have a question about the Total Bithead.

When it's plugged into the PC via USB do I need the AAA batteries?

I want to buy one for work as I'm fed up of being able to identify different Windows apps from the sound the make on my UM-2s
wink.gif
It's likely always going to be plugged into the PC.

Will I still need batteries or can it be completely powered from USB? From reading various stuff I'm not 100% clear?

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Paul.

Feb 22, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 6
When you plug the Bithead in to a USB it powers itself off of that, bypassing the batteries. You can flip the switch on to supplement the USB power with battery power if you like, although I haven't found this to be necessary you may want to do this for higher impedance phones.

Feb 22, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 6
You shouldn't need it. I only needed to turn it on once. I was trying out my roommates pair of 600-ohm AKG240 cans and even with high gain the USB couldn't pump out enough juice to make respectable sound. The batteries helped a bit, but I'm convinced that those headphones are too inefficient for my sytem right now.

Feb 22, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by probedb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool thank you, I was hoping for that
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't think the UM-2s are that hard to drive?

My first portable headphone amp and IEMs were that exact set up. No problems at all just straight from USB.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back