Total Airhead + SR80 = Nice combo?
Dec 31, 2009 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Nachash

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, i'm an student (so my budget is very limited, very xD) my biggest hobbie is listen to music, all kind. I wanna make the "big step" with a pair of Headphone. Actually i'm with an i7 with flac/cbr320 and a pair of in-ear (she9800, philips) and a pc without a soundcard (except, obviously, for the default one)

I don't know anything about amp, so i choose total airhead... randomly? are they a good choise?

And what about the SR80?
A good choise for a newbie?
biggrin.gif

[oh right, it's necessary the amp with the i7? i can't afford 200dollars right now...]

In total is about 200$, 140euro.

Some nice webstore in europe?

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, i'm an student (so my budget is very limited, very xD) my biggest hobbie is listen to music, all kind.

Happy New Year Nachash.
I think Grado SR80 and Total Airhead is a nice combo.
Since you are a student and have limited funds, you may also consider SR60 and Total Airhead or PA2V2 headamp from Electric Avenues.

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darksyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go for a pair of 225/i's instead. Even unamped, they would kill the 80's (with the Total Airhead).

i'm gonna think of it, 200$.. right? Quote:

Originally Posted by VALIENTE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Happy New Year Nachash.
I think Grado SR80 and Total Airhead is a nice combo.
Since you are a student and have limited funds, you may also consider SR60 and Total Airhead or PA2V2 headamp from Electric Avenues.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and what about MS-1 ? they're better then sr80 but they cost pretty much the same. Right?

Yes, or at least they do in the States. They are closest to an SR125, and ship free from Alessandro. I'm not sure where you live so I'm not sure how hard customs would hit you, if it all.

Jan 1, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #11 of 13
Because those phones are so easy to drive, I suggest passing on the TAH. It really will not add much to the SQ equation. Save up for something better down the road. You will be losing virtually nothing short-term and will be happier long-term IMO. Go with higher-spec Grados if the money is burning a hole in your pocket. Better investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back