Torque t402v supra/circumaural headphone tour - Reviewers wanted!
Oct 7, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #61 of 96
  At the RMAF show, I was surprised at how many people liked the yellow... There's a bunch of closet bass-heads out there.

I tend to favor RED in most cases. 

Well, to be fair, I'm betting the yellow had less perceived bass in a show setting with all the background noise. 

But in all seriousness, I'm really enjoying the t096z with blue filters. Prior to this, I haven't really enjoyed IEM with a downward sloping sound signature, but pop these in my ears, and I'm really enjoying it with the music I typically listen to.

I think @earfonia might be winning me over 
wink_face.gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #62 of 96

Well, to be fair, I'm betting the yellow had less perceived bass in a show setting with all the background noise. 

But in all seriousness, I'm really enjoying the t096z with blue filters. Prior to this, I haven't really enjoyed IEM with a downward sloping sound signature, but pop these in my ears, and I'm really enjoying it with the music I typically listen to.

I think @earfonia might be winning me over 
wink_face.gif

Ha ha ha... very nice looking headphone indeed! The bass tuning looks very interesting 
smile.gif

From the graph, most probably I will prefer the blue or yellow 
biggrin.gif

Good luck guys! Unfortunately I'm not US based, so no chance to try this beautiful headphone 
normal_smile .gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #65 of 96
Not yet, but you might once it goes international [@=/u/150501/earfonia]@earfonia[/@] :L3000:

Ha ha... Thanks for the heads-up Nik!
Looking forward to that!
:beerchug:  

No problem. Seemed like something you might like to try, and I know your review would do them justice!

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #66 of 96
I like how Torque threw up FR curves for the different tunings. Do you find the bass really flattens out with the lowest setting @Deviltooth? And which setting(s) do you find yourself using the most?

t402v_modi-fi_2.jpg

I vacillate between red and blue.  It's a U/V shaped signature, the frequency curve Torque posted is, to my ears, accurate.  Surprisingly Yellow isn't horrible, it's why I can see bass heads really getting on well with this headphone, the bass is big but it digs deep and doesn't blur the mids as much as similar tunings I've heard.  This is likely due to the very tight/disciplined bio-cell driver.  Yes, there are real audible differences between the available tunings but it's not as dramatic as the t096z valves.

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #70 of 96
No problem @earfonia. Thanks for helping me set up my Dayton IMM-6. It's actually helped me to help a manufacturer or two with troubleshooting somecQA/QC issues with IEM - NOT TORQUE BTW.

That's great!  Glad to hear that!

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #74 of 96
Hi folks!

Below are who we're choosing to participate in the initial round of the t402v tour. We look forward to reading your reviews! 

@Army-Firedawg - I'm curious about your opinion on the t402v, let's see how this goes!

@yage - I think we share similar thoughts on your reviews.

@grizzlybeast - Don't have many reviews but the ones you do have are well written. And as a PDX native, I have a soft spot for Oregon.

Please send me a PM with your address, phone, names. And again, I need you guys to be comfortable with your address being shared with the other two reviewers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back