Torque t402v headphone pre-order event going on now! ****
Oct 14, 2015 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

TorqueAudio

Member of the Trade: Torque Audio

Here's your chance to save $80 on the upcoming Torque t402v Supra/Circumaural acoustically customize-able headphones!
[MSRP $399.95] http://torque.audio/product/t402v/ 

Until November, 3rd 2015, use coupon code: t402v_preorder during checkout to subtract 20% off your order. [Expected shipment: First week of November]

*** Domestic USA orders only. For international inquiries, email us at: info@torque-audio.com ***

We just started our review tour so impression on Head-Fi aren't in yet but we have plenty of media coverage if you follow this link: http://torque.audio/reviews/

● new 40mm proprietary bio-cell transducers
● patent pending modi:fi technology allows 4 adjustable low frequency setting
● includes on-ear and over-ear ear-pads
● spring steel reinforced headband for durability
● poly-urethane internal damper plate for resonance reduction
● oxygen free copper conductor for improved signal conductivity
● detachable 1.4m extra long reinforced mylar shielded cable
● right angle 3.5mm stereo input
● Made for iOS (iPhone/iPod/iPad) 3 way remote (**Compatible with newer Android for play/pause button)

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #3 of 12
For international folks, this will be a good opportunity to purchase the t402v at near MSRP with VAT+shipping costs! Send us an email at sales@torque-audio.com for more info.

Oct 18, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 12
The t402v is more forceful, dynamic and present than Sennheiser's Momentum On-Ears.  This is a consumer, north of neutral bass heavy earphone with some serious 'oomph'!

Today I've been listening to tracks by BT, Croatia Squad and Calvin Harris; EDM pairs naturally with these earphones.  Yesterday, after watching Tremors 5 (a movie containing a very active, explosive sound mix) on a surround set up I gave favorite scenes a run on the t402v and was duly impressed.

P.S. The t402v is (surprisingly) more efficient than the Momentums.  I had to bump the volume 10% with the latter to match levels.

Oct 19, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #5 of 12
Is the heavily simplified graph of the bass levels anywhere indicational of its true frequency response (as in mostly regards to where it rolls off in in the bass frequencies for the upper/lower end). 

I'm in search for a true EDM-music (Hardstyle actually but not everyone is familiar with that so I'm usually talking EDM instead) headphone I'd prefer more than my ~4 years used M-Audio Q40 but I'm tired of testing blindly, I need some backing scientific measurements to back it up if it's a worthy candidate for me to check out or not. :)

To get the ideal "thumping" experience, a peak centered roughly around 80Hz, that starts rolling off roughly around 30~40Hz in the lower-end and ~150Hz in the upper-end. This is basing on typical EDM focused range, the bass humpage that centers the bass frequencies best of the actual beats usually leads to the best result (as in those frequencies meant to be emphasized gets emphasized and nothing else) What's in the picture looks a bit overly deep resulting in somewhat soft "impact" to the electronic beats which have lots of energy also in the midbass~lower midrange regions, too much subbass can hurt punchiness and too much midbass again will lack "meat" to it.

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 12
  Is the heavily simplified graph of the bass levels anywhere indicational of its true frequency response (as in mostly regards to where it rolls off in in the bass frequencies for the upper/lower end). 

I'm in search for a true EDM-music (Hardstyle actually but not everyone is familiar with that so I'm usually talking EDM instead) headphone I'd prefer more than my ~4 years used M-Audio Q40 but I'm tired of testing blindly, I need some backing scientific measurements to back it up if it's a worthy candidate for me to check out or not. :)

To get the ideal "thumping" experience, a peak centered roughly around 80Hz, that starts rolling off roughly around 30~40Hz in the lower-end and ~150Hz in the upper-end. This is basing on typical EDM focused range, the bass humpage that centers the bass frequencies best of the actual beats usually leads to the best result (as in those frequencies meant to be emphasized gets emphasized and nothing else) What's in the picture looks a bit overly deep resulting in somewhat soft "impact" to the electronic beats which have lots of energy also in the midbass~lower midrange regions, too much subbass can hurt punchiness and too much midbass again will lack "meat" to it.

I listen to a study diet of EDM.  House, deep house, trance, techno, eurodance etc... I've listened to some hardstyle and some happy hardcore with the t402v and it handles it all with aplomb.  There's a lot of bass, that is tight, heavy and sharp when it needs to be (the bass drums kick).  I haven't run any measurements but to my ears this is an EDM friendly earphone.  I don't know if it meets your specific criterion of measurements (and to be honest that's definitely NOT how I'd choose a headphone), but you should definitely give it an audition.

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #7 of 12
@RPGWiZaRD It all depends on the color port you choose. On the yellow setting, the bass is intentionally exaggerated but flat from 300 to 30. I generally like the red which is about -6dB from the yellow. Yellow is just too much bass for my noggin. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #8 of 12
I didn't get it....you mean to say if I need more bass from a particular song, I need to remove headphone from my head and change the orientation of the pads and if I feel I need more bass then again remove the headphone and again change the orientation of the pads??

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #9 of 12
I didn't get it....you mean to say if I need more bass from a particular song, I need to remove headphone from my head and change the orientation of the pads and if I feel I need more bass then again remove the headphone and again change the orientation of the pads??

Yes.  There are 4 different bass settings, each is marked on the inside of the ear pad.  The ear pad is attached magnetically to the headphone.  It is extremely easy to pull them off, rotate, then reattach them. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #10 of 12
Just got a listen to these last night courtesy of grizzlybeast. Adjusting bass was really easy and noticeable. Surprisingly, I felt like the black setting (least bass) had looser bass than the other settings. Won't comment on sound besides that, as the environment was noisier than I would've liked.

I will say the build quality is high with metal frame and arms, and they're really comfy. The square circumnaural pads are roomy, deep enough that my ears didn't touch the drivers, and don't heat up quickly. I'm sensitive to those things, so that was great to see. These use the same cable as the t096z IEM I'm writing a review for now.

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #11 of 12
Couple of excellent t402v Head-Fi impressions posted!

From @grizzlybeast http://www.head-fi.org/products/torque-audio-t402v-supra-circum-aural-headphones-with-modi-fit-technology/reviews/14332

From @Hisoundfi http://www.head-fi.org/products/torque-audio-t402v-supra-circum-aural-headphones-with-modi-fit-technology/reviews/14331

Thanks guys!!

To anyone interested, you still have about a week before the pre-order event ends! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back