Toronto Winter Meet
Nov 15, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #18 of 322
I'll update the main post with the "default" meet description and guidelines shortly, just wanted to send out a feeler for expected attendance.

I'm very close to the Finch Subway station, walking distance from Yonge & Finch.

This is a bit of a short notice compared to other meets, being only a month away, but having missed the last meet, I'm really interested in seeing you wonderful people, listening to lots of great gear and chatting up a storm. :)

I'll have to confirm early next week on whether I can get that party room booked for this event, as well as spend some time this weekend updating the meet thread with meet guidelines, and hopefully incite the locals to attend, hopefully getting in touch with previous attendees.

Everyone looking at this tread, please respond with a yes or no if you could make it. The important part is getting the "NO" part, so I know if there are many "regulars" not able to attend.

Hope that as many of you as possible are able to make it, and if this is your first time, do not hesitate to say "YES", we don't bite!

Basic info:
1) All are welcome! (Just respond to this post and state if you are bringing a guest)
2) Bringing equipment is completely optional, though of course, we all want to listen to different gear. Please bring what you can! Any space or power requirements will be accommodated, just let me know what you need.
3) Security is a concern that is kept only in the back of our minds, as I plan and execute my meets with great consideration. Anyone wishing to attend the meet must respond to this thread to be on the master list, including guests. This will be verified before entrance at the main security desk, as well as upon entrance to the meet.

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #19 of 322
Available the 15th

Could bring
Audio-gd 10ES2
HD800 just got a balanced cable

Possible to bring/sell
Audio-gd compass
hd600 enigma audio silver 4pin xlr/ single ended adaptor

may bring a friend if they are interested in giving me a ride, taking photos/videos.

Hoping to try higher end dacs/amps Stax SR009 since I think I'm getting into diminishing returns.

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #26 of 322
  i want to go but I don't have much to bring over...

I don't think it matters if gear is brought or not, people will bring more than enough gear for everyone to audition in the time limit of this meet.

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #27 of 322
Yes, you don't have to bring gear, but it is usually nice to bring something, you never know when someone might be interested in it.

I will bring my usual budget-fi setup + IEMs.

HE300 + millet hybrid tube amp + fiio e10 DAC
Westome um2, phonak PFE022, sennheiser momentum, JVC FXT90, UE600....Zida should be bringing everything else that is more expensive versions of what i just listed :p

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #29 of 322
I'm so down for this, but the 15th would be a no-go 
frown.gif

I'm held up until 19th and can definitely attend afterwards. I could bring in LCD-3, Emotiva Mini, and D2000.

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #30 of 322
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm..............
...................yo!
I'm down with all this!

Unfortunately I have not had the time to work with Mickey Vee to organize anything.  
frown.gif
 Sorry guys!

BTW, I'll bring my el-cheap-o Stax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back