Toronto Winter Meet
Nov 2, 2013 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 322

FallenAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

UPDATE: Unfortunately, I've been too busy to organize this meet, but will try my best to get something together for January.

It's getting cold and what really warms our hearts is great company, good music, and some high heat output systems! I think it's been some time since the last Toronto meet and I want to start a conversation about another one.

Who's interested? Who would like to attend one? Who wants to host? Let's see what happens! :)

Post interest, ideas, offers, opportunities, and we'll get one going in no time! Excited to see another meet come together soon.

Regards,

FallenAngel

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #3 of 322
Work is going to keep me ridiculously busy in the winter, but if I'm free I'd definitely be interested in attending.
"We'll get one going in no time"?  Did we not learn anything from last time?
wink.gif
  Sorry, couldn't help myself!
atsmile.gif

Getting back on topic, I believe MickeyVee and Chris J were planning the next meet.
I'm sure we could have a small winter get together, but it might be best to save the next big meet until either Mark or Chris calls the next one.
Hey Mark?

If I were to offer a suggestion, it would be to keep the date to the chillier months.
Both of the meets I've been to so far have been on the uncomfortably hot side with all the equipment and people.

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 322
  If I were to offer a suggestion, it would be to keep the date to the chillier months.
Both of the meets I've been to so far have been on the uncomfortably hot side with all the equipment and people.

You do know that the heat is for a purpose right? To take the minds off the giant dent in our wallets that happens from trying other peoples gear...

Nov 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #7 of 322
I was just looking around for a Toronto meet thread! Yeah I'm down for this 100%.

Work is going to keep me ridiculously busy in the winter, but if I'm free I'd definitely be interested in attending.
"We'll get one going in no time"?  Did we not learn anything from last time? 
wink.gif
  Sorry, couldn't help myself!
atsmile.gif

Getting back on topic, I believe MickeyVee and Chris J were planning the next meet.
I'm sure we could have a small winter get together, but it might be best to save the next big meet until either Mark or Chris calls the next one.
Hey Mark?

A small get-together would be pretty nice if attendees can gather up a nice variety of gear! In fact it's better than larger meets for in-depth auditioning / discussion.

Nov 7, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 322
Hi everyone,

I'm new here but I would really like to attend a meet. I have read so much info on this site and others, they all recommend a meet as the place to start getting involved in this hobby / passion. I would be glad to help with setup or volunteer my time if wanted or needed and I would obviously love to attend a meet in Toronto. Cheers

Nov 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #11 of 322
Looking forward to attend the meet!!!
beyersmile.png

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #12 of 322
Y'all know that I'm always in for a meet (all dependent on time, location of course).  Would love to hear some 009's.
What amp are you running these off... I may be able to bring my KGSS to test them if asked for.
Let's hope that we can get this going --- really in need of a good meet to cure my ills and woes.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #13 of 322
If I go I'd be bringing along a KGSSHV & a benchmark DAC1. Would have to figure out if I can borrow a laptop to use as a source (so I don't have to lug around my desktop), but that's another story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back