Toronto Winter Meet
Mar 30, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #302 of 322
Wow, thanks everybody for the kind words! I too wish I had more time to socialize and listen to equipment, I don't know about you guys but the 6 hours flew by for me. I hope you all had an enjoyable afternoon, hopefully we will be able to do this again soon!

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #303 of 322
Wow, thanks everybody for the kind words! I too wish I had more time to socialize and listen to equipment, I don't know about you guys but the 6 hours flew by for me. I hope you all had an enjoyable afternoon, hopefully we will be able to do this again soon!

Thank you so much Julian for hosting and organizing this event!
Hopefully Christine's foot will be healed up it time to walk down the aisle with you in June WITHOUT CRUTCHES!

For anyone who tried my AKG Q701s: Please note, they've had the infamous bass mod. :xf_eek:

Oh, yeah, for some reason I feel the urge to get a pair of Grado RS-1i.........

Mar 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #304 of 322
Ya, you go Chris.. comes and join the Grado club!

Me, I'm hankering to try the AKG K812's again in a quiet setting with my setup.

Can someone say Eddie Current.. thank goodness it won't fit on my desk! Probably would help keep my office (which is over there garage) warm in the winter.

Quote:
Oh, yeah, for some reason I feel the urge to get a pair of Grado RS-1i.........

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #307 of 322
Hey guys,

been meaning to write a post, but work has been crazy. 

Thanks to Julian again for hosting and taking the time to set the thing up.  Thanks everyone for letting me try your awesome gear.  I really couldn't decide which was my favourite headphone cause I liked them all, especially the high end stuff. 

Oh, I'm glad Julian found the stupid DSP that was active and distorting my music.  It sounds much cleaner now w/o the peaks and valleys. 

Can't wait for the next meet. 

fLuid

May 1, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #308 of 322
I joined this site after the meet. The pics look great.
Hopefully there will be another meet in the Toronto/GTA area soon!

May 2, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #309 of 322
  I joined this site after the meet. The pics look great.
Hopefully there will be another meet in the Toronto/GTA area soon!

Welcome to head-fi
beerchug.gif

Hoping for another meet this year.

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #310 of 322
I'll be visiting from Australia and am looking for a winter meet. This could be perfect!

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #312 of 322
This is an old thread, this thread eventually became the spring meet that just happened because of delays. I am looking forward to going to my first Head-Fi meet, so a meet this winter in Southern Ontario would be awesome. Or maybe late fall, since driving in winter sucks.

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #315 of 322
I may be able to host a meet in my building.  I can certainly ask.  I live downtown Toronto though.  I don't know if that a good or bad thing as far as access goes.

Thoughts?
That would be great for me, I can catch a bus to Toronto since in live in Niagara. That would be awesome if you could :). Then all we would need to do is get enough people interested. I'm sure that's good for access, Toronto is a big city and people are probably willing to drive for a bit to get to a meet, but we should wait for more input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back