Toronto Winter Meet
Feb 23, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #212 of 322
Hey guys!

So glad this has started to come together so well and a great thanks to the new organiser! :)

I've unfortunately been so busy with personal things that I've had to leave this thread to its own accord. Of course I'd love to come to the meet once it's finalized. The first 2 weeks of March might be a little busy, especially with the Toronto ComiCon happening on March 8th (I'm seriously thinking of going as Drogo from Game of Thrones) :D

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #213 of 322
Hey all - I just PMed JAG87 and threw my hat in
happy_face1.gif
.  I've decided to narrow down my equipment and focus on Electrostatics, especially my current favorite setup of KGSS and HE60 and SR-007 Mk1, along with other electrostatic phones.
If there's any dynamic or planar requests from my profile, let me know.
Really lookin' forward to this meet - thanx to all who have helped make this a happening !

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #214 of 322
The ES collection will be enough the rock the whole floor. However I am very interested with your SAC-KH1000 amp. If your table do not have the room, I may make some room on my table~ I think I am not going to bring any massive stuff like my SACD player if no one even want to listen to it.

Thanks

Feb 24, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #215 of 322
Kinda surprised that I don't see any Bryston gear in the equipment list. I have been looking for a used BHA-1 for while now, but I think I will buy a new one as none of them is dropped on the secondary market. Maybe even before the meeting. Schiit is all over the place, but no Brystons.
Wonder why.
On the other hand, I have discovered another Canadian company - Resonessence Labs while looking through the list.

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #216 of 322
You can easily buy and audition them in store. They are not that special (at least not without the  PSU.)
I once heard them from B&B radio and they prefer HDVD800 as an amp. I think you should pay more attention to headamp since it is cheaper ~

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #217 of 322
 SR-007Mk1, 404LE, SRΛ, SR-5NB, SR-X/Mk3, K-1000, LCD-2 (r1), HP-1, HP-2, HF-1, HF-2, SR-225, SR-125, SR-60, HE-60, HD-800, HD-650, HD-600, HD-580, ESP-950, ATH-ESW9, T-40, T-50RP, K501, K-400, K-140, HeadAmp KGSS, Cavalli eXStatA Hybrid, SAC KH-1000, T-1, SRM-1/MK-2, SRD-7mk2, SRD-7, LD Mk3,...

!

Feb 26, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #220 of 322
  Kinda surprised that I don't see any Bryston gear in the equipment list. I have been looking for a used BHA-1 for while now, but I think I will buy a new one as none of them is dropped on the secondary market. Maybe even before the meeting. Schiit is all over the place, but no Brystons.
Wonder why.
On the other hand, I have discovered another Canadian company - Resonessence Labs while looking through the list.

There's probably quite a few reasons for that but mainly, Bryston is not as popular as Schiit at least on Head-Fi. There's probably more than 100 Schiit owners for 1 Bryston owner. Scratch that. Make that like 1000 to 1.
That being said, I personally own a BHA-1 and plan to bring it to the meet :).
Where can I see the list of equipments?
PM Sent to attend.

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #221 of 322
  Fortunately he's not bringing every item in his sig, otherwise I'd have to get content insurance.  
biggrin.gif

I am pretty sure you still need it base on what he "ONLY" brings~~~

JK

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #223 of 322
I think my friend Kenny also known as Happywater in headfi and I could come to the meet. We could bring Jeff Rowland Aeris, Bricasti M1, Rudistor 010b, Little dot mk8 mod, two hd800s, and along some really nice cables.

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #224 of 322
  I think my friend Kenny also known as Happywater in headfi and I could come to the meet. We could bring Jeff Rowland Aeris, Bricasti M1, Rudistor 010b, Little dot mk8 mod, two hd800s, and along some really nice cables.

Please send JAG87 a PM
His original invite post is below.  Please read about the info he needs from you.  Hope you can make it!

Okay torontonians, listen up! I asked about the rec room and it's $100 to book for the day. I only require 48 hours notice to book it. If you guys want to make this happen sooner rather than later, PM me with the following information:

- Your real name
- Your email address (I will try to keep all communication on head-fi, but if it doesn't work out I'll start an email thread)
- If you are bringing any guests
- Your preferred date between the 5 saturdays in March (Mar1 - Mar 29), majority wins.
- Equipment you are bringing for sure (I will compile a list so we can avoid lugging multiples of the same gear).

As far as the money, I can front the $100. Then what I'm going to do is collect i.e. a $5 or a $10 or $20 bill (based on estimated attendees) upon arrival and give you a ticket. When you leave, I will give you change back (based on how many actually show up) and take your ticket. I will also hand out name tags with head-fi nicks and real first names. The room is big enough to fit 30-40 people and there are tables for our equipment there already. We will probably need a few power strips. Meet will probably run from noon till 6 or 7 pm.

That's all. BYOB and BYO snacks if you know you'll get hungry.

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #225 of 322
Anybody reached out to headfone shop and see if they'd like to attend and perhaps show some of their latest gears?  I am visiting them tomorrow (if I have time) and perhaps can ask them to join, if they haven't already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back