Toronto Meet
Oct 31, 2003 at 12:07 AM Post #16 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by TrevorNetwork
People let's set a TO meet for the end of November.. let's make this one official!!!

Alright, we got a time, now all we need is a place to meet and we're set. Unfortunately I'm unable to host since I don't have the room and my house has a shortage of power outlets, and they're almost all ungrounded.

Oct 31, 2003 at 1:02 AM Post #17 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by Intrigue
what are the requriements to be a host? do i qualify?
smily_headphones1.gif

All you need is a room with places to put gear and some outlets. ^.^;

Biggie.

Nov 5, 2003 at 12:57 AM Post #18 of 85
So what gears do you need to bring for the meet? haha I don't really have anything to bring >.<

Nov 20, 2003 at 2:23 AM Post #21 of 85
hi, i'm a newbie so people suggusted that i go to this meet (i live in TO) and check out the stuff. mind pming me about where and when it is?

edit: i'm 15, so..umm... if you guys are gonna go there and just drink beer then i don't think my parents will let me go.

Nov 20, 2003 at 2:02 PM Post #22 of 85
We've yet to decide who if anyone's hosting it yet. So far we know who can't or isn't hosting it but we haven't figured out who is yet. BTW, there are 10 days left in November, if someone has a half decent place to host the meet please speak up now so we can get things organized.

Nov 22, 2003 at 11:36 PM Post #24 of 85
Ok, Finally:

I've gone through lot of red tape trying to rent the community room at where i live (university/dundas), besides the subway; but it's rather expensive $105.

Place - I find another place today, The St. Paul Trinity Church on Bloor and Spadina (besides the spadina subway in downtown toronto), parking available on street; it's also convenient and easy to find for out of towners (lot of restaurants and places to go afterward)

Date - December 13th (saturday), if we used the chapel (!) on the ground level (can hold 20+ people), the only slot available as of now is from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm, the price is $15-20 an hour; or,
we can rent a room (hold 10 people or so) in the basement, the full day is open and the price is $11-15 an hour.
(i can enquire another date if this is not convenient for most)

All have a few electrical outlet and was told the power is clean (no way to confirm).

So Folks, let's hear your opinion soon as December is a busy time and space come and go.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2003 at 6:20 PM Post #26 of 85
let's get the room. I'm for the room because of the better time slot and more flexibility.

how many people are interested in this?

Nov 24, 2003 at 4:22 AM Post #28 of 85
I'll be up for a meet any time after december 16th.

Biggie.

Nov 25, 2003 at 2:46 PM Post #30 of 85
ok guys, I might be able to host this thing in my apartment. its not huge, and I dont exactly have many tables, one fairly large coffee table really, but I could do it.

How many people would be coming, and what kind of gear would you guys be bringing. Please chime in, so I can get an idea if this is possible.

And I don't have money to buy everyone pizza, but Im sure we can all chip in.

toodles.

I live downtown, in the high park area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back