Toronto Meet - Sunday March 6th
Feb 11, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #46 of 231
Well, unless they are out for repair, my O2 should be there (and my KGSS will be, for sure), just the cans may still have a serious channel imbalance
frown.gif
. I finally get a system completed and then two weeks later... Anyhoo, If you still have the Jades, K1000 and LCD-2, I'd love to hear all those again.
smily_headphones1.gif
And the floats for pictures?
duggehsmile.png
And.. oh heck.. are those Koss ESP-950 I see listed? Do you have a converter to STAX plug for those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... some O2's would be terrific with a KGSS or Blue Hawaii...
PS - I can't bring all that I did last time, so if you can help me decide what you'd like to hear - let me know.
Should be a great time!!

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #47 of 231
I'm interested in this meet up but I have zero interesting gear that anybody would like to try out. Only Fuze + PA2v2 + TF10's for commute. When I own some fun gear I'll come out.

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #48 of 231
@ canadianballer

You don't need to bring gear to attend, I'm going to be showing up empty handed as all my gear is accounted for by other head-fiers.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #49 of 231

Quote:
How "possibly" is "possibly"?  I personally don't mind at all, though I would like to make sure that there is enough room for all members who want to make it to the meet (security restrictions at about 30 as a maximum).  So far there's lots of room, but last time we had more than half of the crowd confirm in the last few days.

I'll put you down for +3 and we'll see how everything goes from there.

Hey, I just noticed this was on sunday, and I work on sundays. Going to try to get a day off but I doubt it. I included k00zk0 in the +3 I was talking about btw.

Quote:
I'd like to come with another member, he has not yet posted however. I cannot bring anything of big influence. I however hope to carefully compare introductory phones such as the AD700 and MS1i for a purchasing decision. Many other binary areas of headphones I have only seen one side of; SS/tube, dynamic/electrostat... Specifically want to check out the "tube sound" and whether I like it before making an amp.

Something that would be cool to compare would be a silver-cabled headphone with its copper original. This is apparently one rather audible difference in the realm of cables.

I understand the person limit so it is hard to ask being relatively unknown. I assume >30 close-knit members exist who would take priority. With a month left lets see how it evolves.

I did post lol.

Feb 11, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #50 of 231
Hi,

Rather new to posting instead of lurking but I am very interested in this meet; was wondering if I could bring a friend along? Recently purchased some heavily modified 325i that I wish to bring.

PS: Do we buy raffle tickets before the event or can we buy at the event itself?

Feb 11, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #53 of 231
I'd love to attend, though i only have access to TTC for transportation and i was wondering if that was feasible. I don't have anything special, but i will bring my M50s and VBs.

Feb 12, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #56 of 231
Pavel, just curious, did you make that DIY cable for the raffle last time? I wonder if anyone has any bulk cables and connectors? I'd like to make a few of my own cables for fun, and would be nice to buy local or group buy than shipping from the U.S for a measly part.

Feb 12, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #57 of 231

Quote:
@ canadianballer

You don't need to bring gear to attend, I'm going to be showing up empty handed as all my gear is accounted for by other head-fiers.

But it sure would be nice! The purpose of a meet is to SHARE with others so that we can all try something new and different.
It would be like being invited to a birthday party and not bringing a gift, or being invited to a dinner party and not bringing a
complimentary bottle of wine.

Feb 12, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #59 of 231
Quote:
Pavel, just curious, did you make that DIY cable for the raffle last time? I wonder if anyone has any bulk cables and connectors? I'd like to make a few of my own cables for fun, and would be nice to buy local or group buy than shipping from the U.S for a measly part.

ujamerstand donated those RCA cables last time.  There are lots of audio shops in Canada as well.  As for shipping from US, sometimes it's still cheaper - I really like audioadapter.com for Neutrik and SwitchCraft connectors - best prices that more than make up for shipping if you buy a number of connectors.

Note on bringing gear - of course it is not required, but it is certainly appreciated.  It wouldn't really be a headphone meet if people didn't bring their gear for others to try (and certainly in a few cases, to show off a little). :)

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #60 of 231
Yup, I made that cable. I'm actually running low on the cable stuff so I might be ordering some more in the near future. we could do a mini group buy, but the shipping really isn't that expansive. You can get the cables from redco audio, they accept paypal and have usps as shipping carrier, so shipping won't be too expansive. You can get the sleeving and stuff from ebay. Ton of options at a cheap price. Heatshrinks too. You can even use shoe laces as sleeving. :p There are also Canadian distributors like takefive audio if you want everything at one place in canada, but they are kinda expansive IMO.

As for bringing headphones, let's get as much varieties as we can. 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back