Toronto meet, Sunday August 7th
Jul 17, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #31 of 83
If you guys don't mind a Georgia boy crashing the place I'd love to come.  Hopefully I'll have my Entech back up and running by then and if not that then I'll have a new Zero DAC on the way.  I'll bring the gear I have in my sig plus my computer as well if things go to plan.  If anybody in the Ottawa area would like to carpool I'm game for that as well. 

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #40 of 83
I'm gonna have to change my status to a maybe.  Being new to this end of the continent, I just noticed how much of a drive it would be from here to Toronto.  Silly me was thinking it was only 2-3 hours away.  Carpool is pretty much the only way I can make it to that side of town.  Don't fancy doing a 10 hour round trip by myself.  Anybody in the Ottawa area planning on going?

Jul 31, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #41 of 83

Quote:
I'm gonna have to change my status to a maybe.  Being new to this end of the continent, I just noticed how much of a drive it would be from here to Toronto.  Silly me was thinking it was only 2-3 hours away.  Carpool is pretty much the only way I can make it to that side of town.  Don't fancy doing a 10 hour round trip by myself.  Anybody in the Ottawa area planning on going?

I just got back from Ottawa, only took me 3 days considering that my car broke down on Hwy 7 literally in the middle of nowhere.  It took 4 hours waiting for a tow ($125.00) into Perth some 45 minutes away, a night in the Tay Motel ($85.00) and it only gets worse.
Got the car back the next day and relatively cheap bill (only $65.00).  Car got exactly 200 yards  before giving it up again as the needle went back into the red almost immediately.  A $170.00 taxi ride into Ottawa, and then a $145 bus ride back to the Barrie area.  Close to $600 to see my ailing mother ....and the car is undriveable and still in Perth!!!
So I hope you guys have better luck - FallenAngel's meets are well worth the time and effort - some great times and cans (see the pictures posted from previous meets).  And there usually is a draw for some great DIY headphone goodies.
If you see any cans in my signature you'd like to hear let me know.
And I'll also be sure to once again bring the Jecklin floats for some required initiation pics.
See ya all next week.
Bryan  (charliex)

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #42 of 83
Well, turns out I'm working that day, so I'm going to have to say I'm not coming. My gf isn't coming as well.

Sorry guys wish i could be there.

Aug 2, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #45 of 83
I work Sundays :frowning2:

Sorry guys :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back