Toronto meet on November 20th!
Nov 12, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #31 of 86
Is there still room for more? I can bring a few dacs (perfectwave, havana and e-mu) and a laptop as sources if they would help. Not sure if it's worth bringing my O2s, as I still don't have an amp that drives them properly. I'd love to heave the 507s, though!

Nov 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #32 of 86

Quote:
Hey 'Ujamerstand' puhleeese bring the 507's and you'd make my day if you could bring your hybrid eXStata since I am currently waiting on mine and would love to hear what I have been so anticipating~!!

Okay, I'll try my best to have it cased up before the meet. I'll definitely bring the 507s even if the exstata is not complete. 

Quote:
Is there still room for more? I can bring a few dacs (perfectwave, havana and e-mu) and a laptop as sources if they would help. Not sure if it's worth bringing my O2s, as I still don't have an amp that drives them properly. I'd love to heave the 507s, though!

Does anybody in the area have a KGSS or KGBH/BHSE they would like to share? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #34 of 86
This would be my first Head-Fi meet and I'm really excited.

I live at Yonge/Finch too.

I don't have any crazy gear, but will bring the following:

Red Wine Audio iMod 4th Gen

HeadAmp AE-2

Sennheiser HD 650

Etymotic ER-4P (red and blue version)

Laptop if you want to put your music on the iMod

Nov 14, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #35 of 86
Well crap, I have some new folks coming in for training that Saturday and I can't have them all rescheduled.

Barring a stroke of magical luck, I'm going to be a no-show, please remove me from the list.

I'm hoping some folks might be down for a mini-meet come the new year? :)

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #36 of 86
This will be a BYOB event - Bring your own booze, but you are very welcome to bring some to share as well. :)  I will bring down 2 nice bottles of scotch (Chivas Regal 12 and Glenlivet 12) for people to taste, if you're a person whom appreciates fine liquors, do bring something to share! :)  I'm also thinking to bring some beer as well, for everybody.  If everybody (or almost everybody) participates in the raffle for 1 or 2 tickets (at $5 per ticket), the cost of the room and booze will be covered and it so that would be much appreciated.  :)

Nov 15, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #39 of 86
So will a few of my friends that I've enticed to come here (well, except the age), but they're quite new to the headphone thing and are here just to drink some great whiskey and listen to music on some of the world's most amazing equipment - anybody can appreciate that!  Come on down! 
beerchug.gif

Of course, we officially don't encourage or allow underage drinking.  Seriously though, this is a headphone-oriented meet, nobody will be out of place - just enjoy yourself, we are all here to share our passion for music and audio.

Quote:
I would love to attend, but would feel very out of place since I'm only 18 and quite a beginner when it comes to headphones and the like.

Nov 15, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #41 of 86
I'd like to contribute to the raffle to make it more attractive. I've got some wooden RCAs ,mogami 2893, and nylon sleeves that I could use to make a cable. Does anyone have a preference to the length of the cable? 4 feet, 6 feet, 8 feet?

Nov 15, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #42 of 86
Unfortunately, school stuff has come up and I won't be able to make it, bummer, really wanted to make it to a meet for the first time. Oh well, next time!

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #43 of 86
Sounds like there's going to be quite a bit of alcohol.
I just got confirmation that I can make it =P.  I will bring my iPod, eternas v2 and DX-3.
Is it ok for me to come?  I'm a minor =(.

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #45 of 86

Quote:
I would love to attend, but would feel very out of place since I'm only 18 and quite a beginner when it comes to headphones and the like.

If it's any consolation, I'm fourteen :D 

No, it's probably not.  But don't worry, you won't really care once you've had a drink (actually, I think the legal age is nineteen).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back