Toronto Meet: April 7th [NEXT FRIDAY]
Apr 7, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #151 of 179
I'll probably be wearing something that is timberland (my mom buys a lot of that expensive clothing). Honestly can't wait, how early is the earliest you should / is anybody going to be there? I love being early, it sucks getting there with / when everyone is there.

Apr 7, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #153 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
Oh yeah, and I got the mini to optical cable so there will be no problem hooking up DACs to my Airport Express.

Awesome!

I would like to thank Duke of Eli for all of this, without him we would be no where, he is a planning god.
I also would like to thank myself, I believe I am the one who bumped up the Toronto meetup thread, and the one who got things rolling again (or atleast on to topic.)
I would like to thank everyone bringing something (even if I don't bring much.)
I would like to thank everyone who is selling something (I should walk out tonight with a load of crap.)
And lastly I would like to thank everyone who is going to be there.

Apr 7, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #154 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Awesome!

I would like to thank Duke of Eli for all of this, without him we would be no where, he is a planning god.
I also would like to thank myself, I believe I am the one who bumped up the Toronto meetup thread, and the one who got things rolling again (or atleast on to topic.)
I would like to thank everyone bringing something (even if I don't bring much.)
I would like to thank everyone who is selling something (I should walk out tonight with a load of crap.)
And lastly I would like to thank everyone who is going to be there.

yes BIG thank you to you guys..including Bashot who got the room for us....people been planning on meet for ages but no place to go...!!!

Apr 7, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #155 of 179
Definitely - a huge Thanks to all involved in the organization of this tonight!

My name is Ryan, by the way. I'll be wearing jeans, a brown cowboy/hippie shirt and a really horrible beard (three weeks in the making. Just sad.)

The TTC/DT880 comment is hilarious by the way. If it stops raining, maybe I'll go goofy and wear the 701s in public too... If anyone sees a dude walking with giant white cups on the nogg, you know where I'm going!
eggosmile.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #156 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper

My name is Ryan, by the way. I'll be wearing jeans, a brown cowboy/hippie shirt and a really horrible beard (three weeks in the making. Just sad.)

The TTC/DT880 comment is hilarious by the way. If it stops raining, maybe I'll go goofy and wear the 701s in public too... If anyone sees a dude walking with giant white cups on the nogg, you know where I'm going!
eggosmile.gif

LMAO

Apr 7, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #157 of 179
Quote:

eggosmile.gif

I'de wear triports, but I think I'de look like I was part of the crowd, not standing out of it LOL.

Apr 7, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #158 of 179
Oh, and as a final comment before this evening... well, maybe final... I modded my SR225s this morning by "skinning" the driver cover with thin Panasonic replacement pads. There's a noticeable reduction in the really sparkly highs and some added warmth - not sure if I'll keep them on for long - but the comfort factor has gone through the roof!

Sounds like we have a few pairs of 225s coming tonight, so it should be cool to hear them compared to the stock. I have a feeling some of you will like the modification over the normal sound, and for a $7 DIY, you can't go wrong!

rs1smile.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #159 of 179
Quote:

Oh, and as a final comment before this evening... well, maybe final... I modded my SR225s this morning by "skinning" the driver cover with thin Panasonic replacement pads. There's a noticeable reduction in the really sparkly highs and some added warmth - not sure if I'll keep them on for long - but the comfort factor has gone through the roof!

Sounds like we have a few pairs of 225s coming tonight, so it should be cool to hear them compared to the stock. I have a feeling some of you will like the modification over the normal sound, and for a $7 DIY, you can't go wrong!

rs1smile.gif

awesome =) my next upgrade is sr225 i would love to hear them with different mods

Apr 7, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #160 of 179
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Eli, I just noticed what you threw down as the gear I'm brining - freakin' hilarious!

The mini is safe at home, by the way. With the amount of laptops apparently coming in, there's no need for it. As far as anti-mac goes, we can have a fun debate tonight. I wouldn't say I'm anti-PC but I'm definitely anti-Microsoft, while simultaneously being anti-Steve Jobs (freak).

Weird combo I'm sure. Can't wait!

Apr 7, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #161 of 179
I'll be leaving work a little earlier than expected so if we're all lucky I'll manage to make it by 7!

My guest says he's likely to come and will bring his RS-2 and probably the RA-1(which I still haven't heard).

See you guys tonight.

Apr 7, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #162 of 179
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Eli, I just noticed what you threw down as the gear I'm brining - freakin' hilarious!

The mini is safe at home, by the way. With the amount of laptops apparently coming in, there's no need for it. As far as anti-mac goes, we can have a fun debate tonight. I wouldn't say I'm anti-PC but I'm definitely anti-Microsoft, while simultaneously being anti-Steve Jobs (freak).

Weird combo I'm sure. Can't wait!

I'm prepared for this debate, and ready to add unix and linux into the convo
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #163 of 179
alex reporting from work here :p

Packed a gym bag last night, so im all ready to go. luckily i got the car for tonight.

it hit me last night...everyone is bringing all these great headphones and all, but what about cd players or other music playing devices...it kind of slipped my mind. I am bringing my cd player anyways and 4 test cd's along with it:

tool - lateralus
pearl jam - yield
pink floyd - DSOTM (30th anniversary)
radiohead - Ok computer

biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #164 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
alex reporting from work here :p

Packed a gym bag last night, so im all ready to go. luckily i got the car for tonight.

it hit me last night...everyone is bringing all these great headphones and all, but what about cd players or other music playing devices...it kind of slipped my mind. I am bringing my cd player anyways and 4 test cd's along with it:

tool - lateralus
pearl jam - yield
pink floyd - DSOTM (30th anniversary)
radiohead - Ok computer

biggrin.gif

Alucard is bringing SACD / DVD-A, and his player, which I'm going to probably snatch from him after the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back