Toronto Head-Fi Meet on Oct. 16th at tomek's!
Oct 14, 2004 at 6:18 PM Post #91 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorgi
I'm a n00b so I can't really comment but aren't CD3000 and HD650 good enough to compare ICs?

lol, don't worry about it yorgi... biggie is just a headphone snob
tongue.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorgi
Are there any good "n00bs guide to meets" threads out there?

just the general rules that you use any time you meet new people... try not to be too obnoxious until you've had a few... make sure you have a bath... etc Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
Hehe I'm not most people.
wink.gif

thats for damn sure
icon10.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #92 of 128
"At least now that your RS-1's are gone there won't be any bad headphones at the meet."

What didn't you like about them? Their forward presentation or coloured sound or thick midrange? Mmm midrange... drools on shirt.

Biggie.

Oct 14, 2004 at 6:29 PM Post #93 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
What didn't you like about them? Their forward presentation or coloured sound or thick midrange? Mmm midrange... drools on shirt.

Well, I was mainly busting your balls for that 'no good headphones' bullcrap... I didnt hate them or anything
wink.gif

I thought they were quite uncomfortable and you hit it right with the forward presentation and coloured sound. I prefer the soundstage and imaging of circumural headphones. I didnt really find the midrange thick... or at least not in comparison to my AKG headphones. I found the bass a [size=x-small]little[/size] bloated [not sure if I'm using the right word here, so dont fly off the handle] and the treble a [size=x-small]little[/size] pronounced. All in all, I liked them for rock but could not see using them all the time. I would probably buy a high end grado can if I could afford having a headophone that expensive for one type of music.

Oct 14, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #94 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
just the general rules that you use any time you meet new people... try not to be too obnoxious until you've had a few... make sure you have a bath... etc

lol...and don't forget to wash behind your ears for once like your mom always told ya.
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 8:08 PM Post #95 of 128
biggie, you gotta be kidding me. that gigantic amp of yours can't handle a pair of hd650s?

this meet has really fallen apart
frown.gif

all the glamourous phones aren't coming.

Oct 14, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #96 of 128
I just realized that I forgot to list A900 in the list of "good" phones... my bad
smily_headphones1.gif

tomek... I guess it depends on what you are looking for... I was REALLY looking forward to hearing the O2's, but I am still very excited to hear the CD3K's, A900's and the HD-25's... I'm just scared that I will like one of them and I will be forced to spend money.
blink.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 11:32 PM Post #99 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by null
who said the cd3000s weren't coming!?

Gord said "Also at this time I still don't have a vehicle as it is currently reserved by another family member. However, I'll continue to try to see what I can do."

Biggie.

Oct 15, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #100 of 128
Quote:

Biggie said:
Gord said "Also at this time I still don't have a vehicle as it is currently reserved by another family member. However, I'll continue to try to see what I can do."

Thanks for restating my earlier post Biggie.
tongue.gif

Unfortunately things haven't improved and I still don't have a car.
frown.gif

It's a bummer because I "really" wanted to hear a tube amp (as I've mentioned to you in the past ... especially your setup) - plus it looked like a great opportunity to finally see/hear the Omega 2's.

Not sure if there is much else I can do at this point but will continue trying???

Gord SW Ont.
frown.gif
plainface.gif

Oct 15, 2004 at 1:41 AM Post #101 of 128
hmmm, forgot about that... well hopefully you can make it gord

aerius... my silver cable came... I'll try to stop off at that store you mentioned and get some jacks... but if we dont have time to do it that is fine, I dont want to monopolise our time making cables... what were the "physical connection" RCA jacks that you and tomek used called?

Oct 15, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #103 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
aerius... my silver cable came... I'll try to stop off at that store you mentioned and get some jacks... but if we dont have time to do it that is fine, I dont want to monopolise our time making cables... what were the "physical connection" RCA jacks that you and tomek used called?

You mean the ones that look like the bottom one in this picture?
If so those are goldplated teflon locking jacks, available at the store I mentioned for ~$5 each IIRC. They also have some other non-locking jacks which are cheaper.

diyic.jpg

Oct 15, 2004 at 3:18 AM Post #105 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by null
are the plugs from supremetronics any good? i was thinking of going there...

Build quality wise, yes, soundwise, I wouldn't know. I've never tried any "boutique" $100 plugs and even if I did my headphones are too crappy to tell them apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back