Tornado, in my front yard!!! Holy!!!
Jun 8, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #16 of 40
One of the coolest sites to see live! Seen one touch down wayyyyyy back. the Sky turning GREEN,the clouds circling around you like your at the center, then you see this cloud come to life and reach down to earth.
i was not close enough or old enough to be scared by the twister, instead i was more worried about the sky color...it just was not right.
eek.gif

I will take a white or a blue sky anyday over Green..

glad everyone and you are ok!

Jun 9, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #19 of 40
We had one touch down last night briefly a couple miles away. The sirens were going at 2:30 AM. I've seen plenty of cloud rotations since I moved out here but no actual tornado ( and I'm ok with that
tongue.gif
). Where in Chicagoland? (My home town)

Jun 9, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #22 of 40
Yeah, that's the same one Absorbine. It lifted after it came through my direct area, and the next time it dropped it did so right on I-57. Here's the Path:

39732969.jpg

I'm exactly where it says "Spotted at 6 p.m.". It must had lifted earlier, and reformed right in front of our house (not too far from the Golf Dome, if you know where that is). These things are so unpredictable
confused.gif

Did University Park get hit too? If not it must have barely missed North. Richton Park is quite populated, and that's where the worst was
frown.gif
. Thankfully it wasn't a monster, but it did make a direct hit on an apartment complex that they are going to tear down now. I've heard now it's classified as a F2 tornado, instead of the earlier reports up to F4 (yikes!!!).

Jun 12, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #25 of 40
I've had that same view when I lived in Illinois. I looked out my apartment window one day and saw a huge funnel cloud. And I mean HUGE. I grabbed one of my three cameras and ran outside, only to discover I grabbed the only one without film.
frown.gif
By the time I ran inside and came back out, it was gone.
frown.gif
frown.gif
Turns out people had been sitting out watching it for 15 minutes! No damage to our immediate area, but the next town over was devastated.

After I moved to New York state, a friend of mine sent me a newspaper clipping with a photo of the apartment building I had been living in a year before, leveled by a tornado. Guess I got out just in time.

Jun 12, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #26 of 40
HOLY BEJESUS!!! Glad everyone is ok......

Jun 12, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #27 of 40
That's some scary stuff! The weather here in the upper midwest has just been crazy. We got 7" of rain here in Milwaukee, and we're supposed to get more today.

Rather have the rain than tornadoes, though!

Jun 12, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #28 of 40
Thanks for sharing such amazing pics of that massive storm, great to hear everyone is ok. What a sight.
eek.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #29 of 40
That is amazing!!!!

Doesn't get much closer than that. Glad everyone is alright
eek.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #30 of 40
I hate this time of year. Living in NW Arkansas, we are on the edge of "Tornado Alley". After having my house take a direct hit from an f4 in 96, I still find my self stressing out every year when spring rolls around. This year it was hail. Talk about being on a first name basis with your insurance agent. At least I put in a storm cellar at my new house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back