Torn between A700 & PC350
Oct 18, 2008 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Nem692

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, first post here.

I am looking to buy a set of headphones specifically for gaming. I've been doing research on this site and others on what would be best for my price range. ($100-$180)

Closed headphones are a must for me, as I like to immerse myself in the game and not hear much outside noise. Also, I want a pair that have good 3d positioning so I know where my enemies are when I'm playing. So, as I said, I've been doing research, and am trying to decide between the A700 and the PC350.

I've noticed the A700's get a lot of good reviews, and from what I can tell, the PC350 isn't all that popular on here. But correct me if I'm wrong. So if I could maybe get some opinions on which might be better, and why, that would be great. Also feel free to throw out other suggestions as well.

I'm using the X-FI Fatal1ty card.

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 9
I'd get the AD700 tbh. That's the best gaming can in that pricerange at a little over $100. Or if you want pure imaging, I'd go for an a EDGE Acoustics GX400 for $179 at Amazon.(The ER4P is $169 at Amazon so $10 for an additional mic = ok).
A cheaper alternative is the ER6 or ER6i as well.

So yeah, defiantely those two. Both will be great for music as well.

PC350 = shudder.

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 9
Wow, those GX400's look pretty sweet, I'm going to have to check them out.

Thanks!

Edit: I was told by someone who tried them once that earphones sound weird when you put them in since they seal off outside sound. Anyone had experience enough to know if you get used to that?

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #4 of 9
Bump.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 9
Audio Technica phones are pretty much the standard recommendation for gaming headphones. And if you don't care at all about bass, the AD700 will have an even better soundstage than its closed counterpart (A700).

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoxHound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio Technica phones are pretty much the standard recommendation for gaming headphones. And if you don't care at all about bass, the AD700 will have an even better soundstage than its closed counterpart (A700).

Open gaming headphones are usually a bad idea. Silent high-end gaming rigs are pretty rare.

Oct 19, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Open gaming headphones are usually a bad idea. Silent high-end gaming rigs are pretty rare.

The noise from mine doesn't bother me even when I'm on my speakers (and mine is hardly silent either). Maybe I'm just used to it.

Oct 19, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #8 of 9
get a jvc harx700 for 38$. an obvious audio technica copy. sounds almost as good as an a900 and is superior to an a500. (i havent heard the a700)
its large, closed, great for gaming. i use this over my ath-a900 for gaming now

Oct 19, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #9 of 9
Thanks for your input everyone. I'm going to think it over a little bit.

Last question (for now): Is Amazon pretty good at returning headphones/sets for a full refund even when the box is open? I looked at their return policy and I couldn't find a very clear definition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back