torn between 2 lovers (headphones)
Jul 15, 2005 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

dw6928

Headphoneus Supremus
recently came into this forum for which I am grateful. because of it, however,
I now have 2 sets of heaphones which I love ( grado sr225 and sennheiser hd 595). as soon as I begin to favor one, I listen with the other and favor it. As
"different" as they may be they lure you back. As each set gets more and
more burned in, they seem to age for the better. What a wonderful problem!

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 15
Currently my MS2 and DT770 are in limbo on my head. Nice problem to have
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 15
I can't wait til my RS1 arrives, so I can have that problem too...

I occassionally listen to my ety 4Ps underneath my 770s, so I get the bass thud and the super detail...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:33 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
I can't wait til my RS1 arrives, so I can have that problem too...

I occassionally listen to my ety 4Ps underneath my 770s, so I get the bass thud and the super detail...
smily_headphones1.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
thats insane...
biggrin.gif

Like your avitar, reminds me of Joe Satriani listening to Grados.

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #5 of 15
[hijack mode on]
funny story behind that head...it was left in my cube by the previous occupant. It was a 3d modelling researcher who scanned his own head in, then had the 3d printer print it for him...I use it as a headphone stand. But those aren't grados, those are the 770s
smily_headphones1.gif

[/hijack mode off]

What I really have trouble choosing between at the moment is the blueberry and the supermacro...

Jul 15, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928
recently came into this forum for which I am grateful. because of it, however,
I now have 2 sets of heaphones which I love ( grado sr225 and sennheiser hd 595). as soon as I begin to favor one, I listen with the other and favor it. As
"different" as they may be they lure you back. As each set gets more and
more burned in, they seem to age for the better. What a wonderful problem!

I understand completely! Though you put it into words better than I could have. I also have Grado sr225's and Senn hd595. I'm glad I don't have to choose between them. Just when I think I could pick I try the other again and I'm torn. Lucky I've got room for both (and maybe a few more).

Jul 15, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #7 of 15
Oddly enough I have the same pairing.
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't plan to leave them alone for much longer. Hopefully they'll have three or four new buddies to play with by the end of the year. Then I'll decide which ones to...... take to work
biggrin.gif

Ant

Jul 15, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #9 of 15
I tend to go through a weekly rotation through my headphones, unless there's a certain song I am dying to listen, I would put them on with the phone that I felt best with it...
smily_headphones1.gif

Overlunge

Jul 15, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #10 of 15
I've got to agree with the folks who say multiple and different-sounding cans is the way to go. I listen to my 595's most, but sometimes just have to get a little bit of the 590's and ER-4P's. Maybe I'll try the 590's over them... thanks for that idea!

Jul 15, 2005 at 6:49 AM Post #11 of 15
As far as headphones go, I think a menage-a-trois is perfectly acceptable!

Jul 15, 2005 at 10:13 AM Post #12 of 15
I wouldn't plan on taking the grados to work...the leakage would create a problem in your workplace. The hd 595s seem to allow a good amount of sound out as well.

Jul 15, 2005 at 1:57 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928
I wouldn't plan on taking the grados to work...the leakage would create a problem in your workplace. The hd 595s seem to allow a good amount of sound out as well.

I actually use both at work now with whatever I plan on listening to for the day determining which ones I take. I listen at very low volume at work so the leakage isn't much of an issue and I can actually hear the phone when it rings with open headphones.

Ant

Jul 15, 2005 at 3:46 PM Post #15 of 15
if you had to choose one, 225 or 595, which would it be. i may have to relinquish one to my teenage son who has discovered the wonderful sound of
good headphones, not the junk that comes with ipods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back