Topping NX4
Apr 17, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #121 of 448
darn! i need to download driver for NX4 dsd driver for windows and possible firmware upgrade for it.... since im currently experiencing noises while playing dsd music... is there any solution for the glitching?

Apr 17, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #123 of 448
Driver is only 2mb megs. Can be sent over email ( let me know if you need ) . I dont think they upgrade firmware versions , havent noticed it on mine .
orite thx! :) ill PM my email to ya, what app do you use to play dsd coz i tried using onkyo HF app, USB Audio Player Pro it glitches terribly dou...

Apr 17, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #126 of 448
Apr 17, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #127 of 448
Anyone here order their NX4 DSD from Massdrop? I did, and I just received it today! Have some pics! MVIMG_20180417_191859.jpg MVIMG_20180417_191907.jpg

Call me crazy, but I don't think this looks right. Am I out of touch?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #128 of 448
Anyone here order their NX4 DSD from Massdrop? I did, and I just received it today! Have some pics!

Call me crazy, but I don't think this looks right. Am I out of touch?

That is definitely not an NX4 DSD. Looks like someone at Massdrop messed up. It's an NX2s which has a different DAC chip (Texas Instruments PCM5101A).

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #129 of 448
That is definitely not an NX4 DSD. Looks like someone at Massdrop messed up. It's an NX2s which has a different DAC chip (Texas Instruments PCM5101A).
Yeah, I know. I contacted Massdrop before I posted. I wanted the NX4 to hear the ESS9038 and to hear how it compared to the FiiO Q5. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer! Oh well.

Apr 17, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #130 of 448
Yeah, I know. I contacted Massdrop before I posted. I wanted the NX4 to hear the ESS9038 and to hear how it compared to the FiiO Q5. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer! Oh well.
since i got both Topping NX4 DsD and fiio q5, my judgement on both them are: both are actually warm sounding, fiio q5 is warmer in the mid section while the nx4 dsd is also warm in the mids too, both have neutral sounding and natural.... there is abit(negligible) of roll- off in the bass section for nx4 dsd. Overall, both sounded almost similar except fiio q5 is abit more detail. Fiio q5 sounded almost the same as fiio x7mk2 but fiio x7mk2>fiio q5 Therefore, im gonna exchange my fiio q5 to IFI xDSD soon. what heard that IFI xDSD also share the same functionality as fiio q5 such the bluetooth fuction but with sound quality comparable to chord hugo 2... hopefully.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #131 of 448
since i got both Topping NX4 DsD and fiio q5, my judgement on both them are: both are actually warm sounding, fiio q5 is warmer in the mid section while the nx4 dsd is also warm in the mids too, both have neutral sounding and natural.... there is abit(negligible) of roll- off in the bass section for nx4 dsd. Overall, both sounded almost similar except fiio q5 is abit more detail. Fiio q5 sounded almost the same as fiio x7mk2 but fiio x7mk2>fiio q5 Therefore, im gonna exchange my fiio q5 to IFI xDSD soon. what heard that IFI xDSD also share the same functionality as fiio q5 such the bluetooth fuction but with sound quality comparable to chord hugo 2... hopefully.
Haven't heard xDAD yet, but I'm subscribed to the thread. Other reviewers have added that the individual comparing the xDSD to the Hugo 2 was excessively reaching, but a Mojo comparison was certainly valid. Mojo considered a bit warmer, xDSD a little more detailed in the highs. xDSD supposed to be a great DAC/AMP though

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #133 of 448
Does the NX4 DSD support MQA and how does it compare to the more expensive Nano iDSD BL?
Topping NX4 DSD does not support MQA and Nano iDSD BL is better sounding but that was a brief listen to it dou but it come my deduction that Micro iDSD BL > Nano iDSD BL hence, NX4DSD < Nano iDSD
*Latest Update firmware 5.30 for Micro iDSD BL now have MQA capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back