Topping NX3s
Apr 26, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #61 of 138
For the Brits & Commonwealth nations, I think component suppliers like Element14(Farnell) and RS Components are more accessible. The component manufacturers themselves used to give out free samples when requested by engineering students. Not sure if they continue that practise though.

May 8, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #63 of 138
Well I've since swapped to the Muses8820, but yeah the NE5532P sounds really good as well. The 5532P is only a dollar and change from digikey.com so pick a couple up to try it out. Google some other dual op amps and based on reviews, order what you think you'd like to try. Search digikey.com first because they definitely won't be fake from them. Good luck!
Hows that Muses sound against the 5532? After many hours I think the 5532 is damn near perfect for this amp. I know the Muses in the Fiio are a bit too polite for my taste so I might not be a fan??? Maybe, You have a good supplier in the US to pick one up?

May 8, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #64 of 138
Hows that Muses sound against the 5532? After many hours I think the 5532 is damn near perfect for this amp. I know the Muses in the Fiio are a bit too polite for my taste so I might not be a fan??? Maybe, You have a good supplier in the US to pick one up?

@Magicman74 It sounds pretty good. I got my 8820 with my STX II sound card, which now has Burson V5s on it, but I recommend getting them from digikey.com in the US. Hopefully they sell the 8820 individually. I think it's a moderately priced op amp though. For price vs performance, the 5532P is probably your best bet.

Jan 10, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #69 of 138
I am thinking of getting this amp as an upgrade to my much loved fiio A3 to pair with iems and LG V50.

Are owners still happy with it? and does anyone happily use the default op amp or has everyone rolled to one of the other options?

Thanks?

Jan 10, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #70 of 138
I am thinking of getting this amp as an upgrade to my much loved fiio A3 to pair with iems and LG V50.

Are owners still happy with it? and does anyone happily use the default op amp or has everyone rolled to one of the other options?

Thanks?

Still use mine every weekend, for hours of listening. I had no problem with the default op amp, changed it because, well, because... I can’t help but tinker with stuff...

Jan 11, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #71 of 138
Still use mine every weekend, for hours of listening. I had no problem with the default op amp, changed it because, well, because... I can’t help but tinker with stuff...

Ok, just ordered, thanks.

Which amp did you go for and are you happy with the change?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #73 of 138
Will changing the amp chip increase the output power? Or just the characteristics of the sound...?

Just the sound signature I believe.

Mar 10, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #75 of 138
I whose thinking of getting one all do price isn't that good right now (70$) but I might snatch it on discount at the end of the month (Ali 10 years anniversary). But there is a design flaw with it. Not a big one nor that hard to correct. The LME49720 is very prone to picking up any kind of EMI or RF interference. I didn't buy the OP Amp dramatic sound change story much. The question is to those who did test different one's that first in NX3S which one sounded most balanced (disregarding personal affinities)? NE5532 is out of the question as it also have similar problems (on lower scale but still present). Shielded (with a cage) one's don't fit in. Second question is is there any space left with regular height OP Amp's? Enough for let's say inserting & sticking to chips a thin graphite based pad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back