Topping L30 - The new budget benchmark?
Oct 5, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #196 of 506
I have the Topping E30/L30. Sometimes I hear a low rumble in the headphone output from the L30. It's not the E30 as I can unplug the input on the L30 and it is still there. If I switch off the L30 or change from HPA to PRE and back it goes away. Any ideas?

Edit - Seems to have gone away when I changed cables.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #197 of 506
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-13 at 21.22.08.jpeg

Just bought the Topping L30.

Really very good amp for the money (running it from a Khadas Tone Board DAC). Transparent and quite neutralish, dark background with no hiss.
I really like the 3 gain switches, it can run stuff like high impedance cans to highly sensitive multi BA type IEMs.

Does get a bit warm with use, but not hot.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #198 of 506
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-13 at 21.22.08.jpeg

Just bought the Topping L30.

Really very good amp for the money (running it from a Khadas Tone Board DAC). Transparent and quite neutralish, dark background with no hiss.
I really like the 3 gain switches, it can run stuff like high impedance cans to highly sensitive multi BA type IEMs.

Does get a bit warm with use, but not hot.
This amp looks very interesting. Got an excellent review on audio science review. Where did you purchase yours, if you don’t mind me asking.

Oct 13, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #199 of 506
This amp looks very interesting. Got an excellent review on audio science review. Where did you purchase yours, if you don’t mind me asking.

I bought mine from Hifigo. They shipped it pretty fast, got it in about a week (considering it was some week long China holiday last week).

One thing to note is that the power supply to the Topping L30 varies by your country, so if u are interested, you will need to inform them about which version of power supply is suited for your country.

Oct 15, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #202 of 506
I have been using the L30 since Sunday and it barely becomes hotter than room temperature ? About 21c here. Maybe they fixed the heat issue? 🤷🏼‍♂️

What's the weather like in your country? I stay in a tropical region (where the baseline temperature is about 32 deg celcius). The L30 does get warmer than that, I estimate maybe near 40 deg with use, espeically when the higher gain switch is used, or with longer listening sessions. Still not as hot as any tube amp, I guess just leave it in an open area and don't stack anything on top of it.

Oct 16, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #203 of 506
What's the weather like in your country? I stay in a tropical region (where the baseline temperature is about 32 deg celcius). The L30 does get warmer than that, I estimate maybe near 40 deg with use, espeically when the higher gain switch is used, or with longer listening sessions. Still not as hot as any tube amp, I guess just leave it in an open area and don't stack anything on top of it.

It's already -0 right now haha. In the summer it can get hot but rarely above 30c. We'll see?
The amazon seller I bought this from last friday had a 1 day $30 off sale this week so I ordered another one and returned my unit! :):)

Oct 24, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #205 of 506
40 degrees Celcius is kinda human skin temperature, to me is warmer than my hands, i would say at least 50, 55+. Is that normal?

Oct 26, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #206 of 506
Hey guys anyone using the L30 with Sundara? Does L30 have enough power to drive sundara to its full potential? I am hoping they have more than enuff power. I don't want them to barely make it to power these, I've been told so hence asking here.

Oct 26, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #207 of 506
Hey guys anyone using the L30 with Sundara? Does L30 have enough power to drive sundara to its full potential? I am hoping they have more than enuff power. I don't want them to barely make it to power these, I've been told so hence asking here.
The L30 can definitely drive the Sundara to ear damaging level on +9dB gain.

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #208 of 506
The L30 can definitely drive the Sundara to ear damaging level on +9dB gain.
I don't think you would even need +9dB gain to drive them loud enough. :)

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #209 of 506
Thanks for the replys, I am planning to get the L30+E30 combo for Sundara, would this be a right choice?

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #210 of 506
To answer the question by the original poster, yes I do think that the L30 is the new budget benchmark.

My full impressions are posted here.

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 10.39.31 am.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back