Topping DX7 Pro - DAC and balanced headphone AMP with ES9038pro and Bluetooth 5.0
Mar 23, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #271 of 507
Ok, because from the manual it's very confusing (quite the opposite it seems).

It gives me the idea of "push right" for 230 :rolling_eyes:

pic.png

Mar 23, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #272 of 507
It would be more confusing and wrong If set to show 110V and be 230V

Mar 24, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #274 of 507
Ok, my experience after 3 hours listening.

DX7 Pro vs DX220 + AMP7

Both Configuration :

- Minimum Phase Filter
- SE Headphone Output
- medium / high quality IEm headphone
- No eq
- 44 Khz 16 bit USB Source

DX7 Pro

- USB -> PO
- 28.0 db
- G = H

This DAC seems to have mixed behaviours

When in Asynch Mode is (not too far but) discernible behind the DX220.
The soundstage is less wide on the DX7 and the sound it's quite "constricted".
Something like "I want but i can't".

When in Synch Mode the situation turns upside down.
There is entire new level of sound signature.
The soundstage is like you are catapulted "in", more than the DX220 (wich is already catapulted)
wich in contrast now seems less wide.

As far as i've read the Asynch Mode would have to be "beneficial" but in my situation doesn't seem so.

Any thought?

EDIT:
Forgot to say, the base sound signature is almost quite the same (they have almost the same chip)
but as to be expected the DX7 is a little tiny bit more sparkle than the DX220.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #275 of 507
Mmm mmm! I just installed a pair of dual Burson V6 Classic opamps on my DX7 Pro. Holy ballz! Hard to believe they could make the DX7 Pro sound even better. Only thing is the case no longer fits on. :worried: I may try a shorter alternative but otherwise, I'll probably just leave the case open (yeah, it's worth it).
@crabdog , Can you please elaborate on the improvements?

Mar 29, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #276 of 507
.....the [disclaimer I have both the discreet Bursons and the SparkOS 'op amps']. I've had them since December so I am just chiming in, and I got the Bursons and the Spark OS 3602 first.

Then I quickly upgraded to the SS 2590s!!

2590 PRO--AUDIO Studio-Grade "PrO" audio SparkOS 2590 op amp Quads are better than the Burson audio stuff...
I still have both.

I will show you 2 night...in my Topping DX7 PRO.. PICS and prints for this thread o good BLuetooth DX7 pro folks

The 2590 studio grade GINORMOUS op amps are made by a resident Electrical engineer in the States as well...
Spark Os labs has a 20% coupon right now running too..

For anyone who has the classics OR THE VIVIDS like I do,

I challenge you to own both the SS2590 and the classic OR Vivid amps.

You can hot-swap them between Line out and PHONE-out from DX7 PRO too!!!

Match PRO grade op amps to your 9038 Dx7 Pro for the best solution. I have both... try it out! There are free returns too!!! Us engineering chops are worth the UPGRADE from the vivid and the classics.

SparkOS is the real deal just like the Bursons are, only the ss2590 are Bigger and Better, and are a better solution...

To be quite honest.

They cost no more than the classics or the vivid either, so what are you waiting for anyway!?!!

These are great!! Most impressive engineering behind an op amp I have ever encountered...

Try the SS2590' solution! You're going to love the way these sound. I guarantee it?

Let us know what you think??? I believe you'll deeply appreciate the Absolutely INSANE sets of the s[olid]s[state]2590!!

They even feature custom parts made in Cooperstion eith Spark OS...

These are the real deal!! I use them to drive my AKG 340, Stax 009 and 009S with other stats, and the Speakers pictured..

The Bursons are an afterthought for me every time I swap them into the Line out or\and Line outs positions...

The SS2590 needs to be used with Your dx7 pro at least once for free from SparK-OS.

I owe member"edge of sound" thanks for recommending them when I tried the Burson Vivids out first.

If you want the best that an engineer could ever provide in a drop-in Upgrade! *(and these are amazing!) Then somebody eith some bursons here has to pick up the ss2590 at 20% off!! Free returns..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210329-120552_TIDAL.jpg
    Screenshot_20210329-120552_TIDAL.jpg
    957.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210326-104735_TIDAL.jpg
    Screenshot_20210326-104735_TIDAL.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #277 of 507
.....the

2590 PRO--AUDIO Studio-Grade "PrO" audio SparkOS 2590 op amp Quads are better than the Burson audio stuff...
I still have both.

I will show you 2 night...in my Topping DX7 PRO.. PICS and prints for this thread o good BLuetooth DX7 pro folks

The 2590 studio grade GINORMOUS op amps are made by a resident Electrical engineer in the States as well...
Spark Os labs has a 20% coupon right now running too..

For anyone who has the classics OR THE VIVIDS like I do,

I challenge you to own both the SS2590 and the classic OR Vivid amps.

You can hot-swap them between Line out and PHONE-out from DX7 PRO too!!!

Match PRO grade op amps to your 9038 Dx7 Pro for the best solution. I have both... try it out! There are free returns too!!! Us engineering chops are worth the UPGRADE from the vivid and the classics.

SparkOS is the real deal just like the Bursons are, only the ss2590 are Bigger and Better, and are a better solution...

To be quite honest.

They cost no more than the classics or the vivid either, so what are you waiting for anyway!?!!
Interesting - please do share the pics....easy to install?

Mar 29, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #280 of 507
Hi,
I enjoy both the vivid V6 and the SS2590 from SparkOS and Burson much better than the LME 47720 integrated op amp,
Concerning the S2590S, [which itself is no less than quite a Big jump over the LME-47720 just as the Burson already is, they are both good, but I would call the larger and more complex, more powerful , and yet, at the same purchase price, to DX7 Pro customers... an improvement to the V6 options that we have.

[5 to 6 qnd a half times the Class A current, a great upgrade to even the Burson upgrade.
...The S2590S are no slouches when compared with the Burson Discreet V6 Vivid unit.

They sound more "distinct and Detailed", have a less bloated bass, neutral, and are the definitive and clear winner whenever I have used swapped them for comparison with the Burson op amp, from most of the equipment I have done A-B comparisons with...

This is about what I think is objectively the best to use in the DX7 Pro

I think more people should try them together.. to make a best effort at understanding the DX7 Pro at its best. It may take either a week or only a few minutes of joy, or longer.
The bass thru the V6 series, even the Vivid seems a little bit bloated for me... I think the 2590 are worth the caveats of their ginormous footprint. Plus, Neither op amp can fits in the Case. Both are too tall.

The Spark 2590 Quads are also no more expensive than the Burson op amps, so I figured that they would be worth a try.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #282 of 507
@crabdog , Can you please elaborate on the improvements?
It sounds a tad warmer but still very clean. What surprises me most is the improvement in resolution and soundstage. I've been eyeing the extenders they have as well - it would be nice to be able to screw the case back together. I'll end up getting some probably.

Apr 14, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #284 of 507
Hello everyone,
I am tempted to buy the DX7pro for my Focal Clear Mg pros. My only concern is the high output impedance via the 4.4mm port.
Has anyone had issues with focal headphones synergy with this Dac/Amp combo?
So far I found 1 post which says his Focal Stellias worked fine with 4.4mm port.
Note: I wont be using the SE output.

Apr 17, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #285 of 507
Hello everyone,
I am tempted to buy the DX7pro for my Focal Clear Mg pros. My only concern is the high output impedance via the 4.4mm port.
Has anyone had issues with focal headphones synergy with this Dac/Amp combo?
So far I found 1 post which says his Focal Stellias worked fine with 4.4mm port.
Note: I wont be using the SE output.
I also confirm that my Stellia works very well with DX7 Pro via the XLR Balanced Out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back