TOPPING DX5 DAC & HP Amp Now Available
May 4, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #46 of 104
This must be so, because all headphone amplifier parameters match, regardless of the connector (XLR or 6.35").
Thanks for replying, ahmonge!

Oh, brother...Respect the hustle, Topping, but, that's a no-go from me.
Just read Amir's review, where he also confirms that the XLR headphone out is, in fact, unbalanced and is there "only for convenience."

Topping, Why do this?

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #47 of 104
How to tell whether are they fully balanced or not ? Seems like its marketed as fully balanced, yes no ?
Fully balanced amplifiers show more power out of the balanced socket than the single ended one.

May 4, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #48 of 104
Topping, Why do this?
Is a matter of cost and convenience, I presume. The low cost of a single ended amp plus the convenience of being compatible with headphone balanced cables.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #49 of 104
Is a matter of cost and convenience, I presume. The low cost of a single ended amp plus the convenience of being compatible with headphone balanced cables.
Right, understood...Of course, all comes down to dollars and cents. Guess the DX7 Pro is still the only Topping AIO with fully-balanced architecture?

May 4, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #50 of 104
Right, understood...Of course, all comes down to dollars and cents. Guess the DX7 Pro is still the only Topping AIO with fully-balanced architecture?
Yes, you're right. For AIO balanced Fiio has a new model, the K9 Pro, that has a nice set of features.

May 5, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #52 of 104
No, I dont mean by testing the product. Sometimes its marketed as fully balance but in reality the circuitry design are half balance or single ended.
I was answering to your first question “How to tell whether are they fully balanced or not ?“

May 5, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #55 of 104
Right but how to tell before purchasing it ? Read specs ? What if false claims ?
Yes, by reading specs. If you don't believe the manufacturer's specifications, it's best not to buy anything from them. Well, this is what I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back