Topping D90
May 12, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #1,081 of 1,101
Will I lose any performance if I set the Line Out to both RCA+XLR or is it better to keep it on only one line out? as it would be easier to have it enabled for both at the same time when doing A/B testing between different amps.

May 12, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #1,083 of 1,101
No perceptible difference for me, either.

May 17, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #1,084 of 1,101
thank you all for your advices and great suggestions. you wont believe it - removing the topping driver works! i removed the driver and reboot. win11 complaint that there is no driver for my D90 and there's an exclamation mark for a "Topping DFU" in other devices of device manager (but under audio inputs and outputs Untitled.png

my D90 is still recognized normally. BUT IT WORKS! i've tried listened to 3 different MQA songs on tidal and it still recognizes my D90MQA and everything works perfectly! i switched to spotify to test and again, works faultless for 3 songs :) as i seldom listen to DSD sources. i'll gladly trade DSD functionality for smooth playback by streaming services. the popping was so annoying i was on the edge of going to get a violectric v550 to replace my topping combo on the weekend. but now it seems they could happily work in my home for much longer :o2smile:

thank you again @gimmeheadroom, @sajunky, @hmscott and all knowledgable headfiers offered helps i very sorry happened to not mentioning here!

Has anyone found a way to get rid of that DFU device?
As far as I could find there are no firmware updates for the D10S anyway.

Jun 15, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #1,086 of 1,101
As in so many things “it depends”.
1) what are you looking for that you are not finding in SA-1?
2) what are you wanting to drive? if an easy to drive headphone or speaker (low impedance, high sensitivity- say an HD650) the answer is different than if a high impedance low sensitivity eg Susvara)?

Jun 15, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #1,088 of 1,101
A bit more resolving, natural but musical and effortless sound. Audeze LCD 2 and LCD 4
So nothing too difficult to drive. My step up was a Burson Soloist 3XP - worth checking out, can be had these days for <$1k USD.

Jun 15, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #1,090 of 1,101
Not at all- check out the Burson thread. Bass impact is much more than A90D but more to the point imaging and soundscape are better. Also consider Schiit Jotenheim 2.

Jun 26, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #1,091 of 1,101
I have now had the Topping D90 for almost 2 years now and it's been the only piece of gear that I haven't felt like needing to upgrade from. You get great functionality and an impeccable level of detail and clarity. I have a few TOPL cans such as the LCD 4, 800S & HEKSE and they perform magnificently with this DAC.

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #1,092 of 1,101
Hello quick question if I may, I own the d90le & find that if I have my astell&kern sr25 mk2 player on pre connected to the topping d90le before I turn on the power to the d90le sometimes there is no sound & the d90le hasn't recognised the signal via usb.
Is this common ?
My d90le is only a few weeks old.
What order do you power up your combos.
Mine are astell&kern, a90d, d90le, schiit Lokius equalizer. Thanks.

Nov 30, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #1,095 of 1,101
Looking at audioscience reviews it seems a lot of people really like the topping d90se. How would d90se with hq player dsd 512 compare to yggdrasil og a2 streaming pcm over qobuz? Would the d90se actually beat it?
The only place it will win is on measurements. Last time I checked we don't listen to sine waves, though. The Yggy will blow it away!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back